cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

Nicole80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported over from Bell to Public Mobile. My eSIM with Public Mobile doesn't have my phone number that ported and is taking a long time to activate. Please help. I’m unable to send iMessages and text messages because of this.

5 REPLIES 5

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nicole80 wrote:

I ported over from Bell to Public Mobile. My eSIM with Public Mobile doesn't have my phone number that ported and is taking a long time to activate. Please help. I’m unable to send iMessages and text messages because of this.

Maybe just try completely powering your phone off and wait a full minute before powering on again. Hope that works for you if not well you tried.

ALSO - go to your phones settings and click on messages and then make sure you have enabled iMessage .

Nicole80

Okay, thank you. Do you know what the turnaround time is to hear back from them?

@Nicole80 

it is not a porting problem, just you are affected by this:

PM is having problem provisioning text capability for new activations.  And if you are an iPhone user,  iMessage activation by phone number will also be impacted without a working SMS. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Under-Investigation-Ongoing-Issue-Text-Me...

PM is working on a fix but for now, they can only resolve the issue on a case by case basis.  Please open ticket with PM support by messaging CS Agent here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Nicole80

Yes, I can make and receive phone calls. It is just my text and iMessages that are not working.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nicole80 

can you make outgoing calls? can you receive incoming calls?

Need Help? Let's chat.