Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, can call out can internet,but people can't call in

Vinsent
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vinsent give it a few minutes and try powering off your phone, let it sit for about 2 mins, then power it back on.  See if that helps.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Bender

I work from home and I'm infinitely patient so I'll give it more time lol. Thank you for the info!

Vinsent
I just got this message,
Public Mobile here: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!

But also can't call in.

@Vinsent @Bender Your "problem"is normal while the port-in is progresses. Your old SIM will continue to work until the port-in has completed. Do not cancel your old account; that happens automatically.

If this behaviour continues past 4 hours AND rebooting your phone does not help, follow the directions in this post: Contact moderators.

Just in case things don't get sorted today, you might want to look at this: Activation blues

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vinsent@Bender Please see item #1 on this posting for further instructions.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Bender

Exact same issue. Ported from Rogers to PM. I can send SMS and make phone calls but I never receive any SMS or calls. Oddly enough I can send/receive sms/calls from anyone on Telus/PM. Data works too.

Strange stuff...

Vinsent
How can I don't...

Vinsent
Yes is my number,and the old sim is also work………

Logi7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Happened to me too..

I ported over and got this text message

Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile,please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact is and complete the SIM & Activation online form. You'll need to provide the correct ESN/MEID from your previous service provider

Submitted the form adn messaged the moderators here -- but nobody's helped me.....

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Did you port in your number? If yes, does your old sim work?

Need Help? Let's chat.