cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started

dd57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received my Public mobile sim card. What do I need to do to keep my existing mobile # when I switch to Public?

4 REPLIES 4

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dd57 It's best to choose a new number during activation so you can at least have service on your new Public Mobile line. Once you confirm everything is working, you can initiate port in request from your self-serve account. 

How to Subscribe
To subscribe to Public Mobile, click here to go to view our subscriptions or download the Public Mobile app. Once you have landed on our subscriptions page, please follow these simple steps:
  1. Select subscription - If you are on the Public Mobile app, tap on ‘Shop subscriptions’ and select the subscription that suits your needs. If you are on the website, click here to select your subscription
  2. Create your account
  3. Select a SIM option - choose between a SIM card or an eSIM (click here to learn more about eSIMs)
    • You’ll have the chance to check if your phone is eSIM compatible at this step
  4. Review & Pay - You can use a credit card, Visa Debit card, or Mastercard Debit issued by Canadian financial institutions
  5. Finish Setup - If you are on the website, download the Public Mobile app to continue setting up your subscription. If you are on the app, continue to select a new number or transfer an existing number and follow the steps on the app to finish

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dd57 

You can activate your new SIM and port your old number on the PM app or website by creating a Eversafe ID account.

You will need to leave your old SIM in your phone and reply with YES to confirm you are porting your old number over to PM.

You have a 90 minute to reply or porting will be cancelled and extra long steps to complete your porting…so reply with YES once you get the text.

Your old SIM will continue to work for about 1 hour until porting is completed then power off your phone and swap the SIMs.

Welcome to PM!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dd57  Port the number over during activation , when presented with option of kicking new number or transferring one … make sure your old number is still in service , and leave it in phone u till you get a text to confirm the port to old SIM card .. reply YES you will have 99 mins to respond to report request and your done 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dd57 You'll just need to port you number from you old provider. 

- activate the PM SIM with a new number and create account/select plan

- Go to profile, transfer phone number and follow wizard.  Enter your phone number (keeping old SIM in phone).

- Your old provider should send you a text to validate that you want to port you number to another provider, answer yes

- take out old SIM and insert PM SiM to your phone.

Depending on the provider it could take a few hours for the port to complete or it could be sooner.

Need Help? Let's chat.