cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Virtual local number to forward to main mobile number

Clagnar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I am wondering what is the best way to get a local Kitchener number and have all calls and texts forwarded from that number to my main one in Toronto.

I do not need to carry another phone or wish to have one.  I am doing mostly business in Kitchener from my home, but wish to have the business there not have to call long distance to reach me.

Can I also set up a new plan with PM for just talk and text with a Kitchener area code and have it somehow just forward all calls and texts to my 416 number somehow?

5 REPLIES 5

Late to chime in here. But try google voice. You can get a free google voice # and you can forward calls to your cell phoe number, and i beleive the same goes with messages. You should check that out 

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

try freephoneline.ca

Yes wireless home phones transgress political boundaries.  There's nothing stopping you from getting any Canadian exchange you desire.  In my account I have two wireless home phone plans with numbers from two different provinces.  My reference to $10 for wireless home phone is just that, a reference.  I have a grandfathered price from many, many years ago.  Different carries charge a different price for essentially the same service.  Shop around for the best price.  

Clagnar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hmmm, that might work if rogers (or bell, since I am getting their services installed next week) are able to set up my home phone service with a Kitchener 519 area code, even thoough I live in Toronto?

I will follow up with Bell now to see if that's possible.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Various apps out there like fongo may issue numbers that may work out for you.  Businesses need reliability in their services.  Work arounds are often quite unpredictable.  Why not purchase a wireless home phone service.  They are really cheap and many carriers offer it.  I have a wireless home phone service from Rogers for $10 per month with unlimited Canada wide calling that includes the usual calling feature including forwarding.

Need Help? Let's chat.