cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve not letting me log in...

andriko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to set up 2 phones, iPhone 5, and 5s. Sim Cards from Public. Activated Cards. Choose Plans. Payed. Confirmation emails recieved. 4 Digit pins recieved. Receieved notification from former provider to say I have left. Now, no service at all. And, I cannot log in to Self Serve. Help please.  

12 REPLIES 12

mymy3007

Hi, since I have changed my plan I cannot log in to my account. Hello please!

jondhi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Funny enough I am having the same issue now.

I activated a new sim today. A new number, as I will be in Canada for the summer, and am using this sim.    But when I try to log into my account, it gives me an error, and won't reset the password as it says my email is invalid. For the record, I received an email confirmation of the activation, but still says my account does not exist.    Any thoughts?  

Any help would be very appreciated!

PMd the Mods as well, guess just need to be patient. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @sonya,

thank you for your patience!

I've just sent you a private message, kindly view it. It seems like everything will be sorted shortly 🙂

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

sonya
I understand patience is key but this is simply taking too long.

Do you have any tips on getting in touch with mods, none of my pm's have been read and I'm starting to feel like they never will.

andriko

Hi there. 

I just had a look at a number of recent posts. 

It seems to me that there is a current gap or issue between the sim card activation and the porting/ active use of data/text/phone. 

My guess is that this issue is well known by all of the Moderators, and that their is much energy and resources being given to this problem. 

Sadly, for many folks who are just leaving their previous carriers and joining Public Mobile, this is a less than ideal starting point. 

From expereince, I think thatg some patience will go a long way as a means to a happy resolution. 

Of course, no data/text/phone can be a shock to the system, this minor inconvenience will likely be resolved in short order. Perhaps this is an opportunity to think about one's own digital resilience. If you have joined the community, welcome to a world of support, where you can momentarily grieve together, and then celebrate when the connection resumes. 

I would caution anyone against ranting, raving, and rampaging against the idea of Public Mobile because of this temporary inconvenience and rather ask, what can I do to be an effective member of the community? 

@Mary_M @andriko

sonya
Still haven't heard back and it's been much longer than 4-6 hours. I've tried everything, not really sure where to go from here

andriko

Hi there. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. 

My experience was, join community, PM and Tag Mods, and within, I would say 4-6 hours I was sorted out. From the time of activating the sim and the final port it was about 20 hours. I know it feels like an eternity, but it will pass, and you will likely be connected. @Mary_M @andriko

Requests to Mods go into a que for them all - they will get to it, see the problem and remedy it. 

Hang in, drink some tea, go for a walk, or whatever you need to, or used to do befor you had data all the time. 

sonya

Having the same issue and even Pm'd a MOD but no response. I am currenlty without any service since I cancelled my own plan so i need to figure this out ASAP.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

andriko

Hi @Shahnj 

Welcome.

Sorry to hear you are having a bit of a hold up. 

I had a similar issue when I signed up. 

I had Activated, Choose a plan, singned up, paid - then, I could not log in to Self Serve. 

Once I joined the community and tagged the moderators @Mary_M -  the problem was revealed that my number had not yet been ported. In total I was without data for less than 20 hours (which might feel like an eterinity, but survivable). You can also send a private message to a moderator (When you message one moderator, the request joins a que for all moderators, so they will get to the issue as soon as they can). Do that, send a private message with your specific problem and I'm convinced the issue can be easily solved. Be patient. 

Shahnj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I currently just set up my service but I am having the same issue with self serve. I have made a payment but my services are saying they are suspended. Please help

kind regards

Shahn James

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @andriko,

thank you for your patience!

I am confirming that we've received your private message - please allow me a few moments and I will get back to you 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

You will need the help of a moderator to resolve this issue. The moderator team can be reached via private message. Refer to the following links for information on private messaging and how to contact a moderator.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.