cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Dropped Calls since July 20, 2018 in Downtown Toronto area

carmenhon100
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have had PM for a couple of months now. I worked on the phone a lot and started to notice there's consistent call drops/ends itself as soon as the 15 minutes interval is hit from July 20, 2018 onwards. I've been using it in the downtown Toronto area on the 12th floor of a residential building.

I have power cycled my phone multiple times. I used another phone and only to find my calls STILL drop every single time at 15 minutes

My device is a brand new Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus. Tried with three different phones (including Apple IPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy 7) so it's definitely not the phone or the SIM's problem. My mother has the same phone as me, also with Public Mobile, and does not have these issues.

My Plan is:

$25 30-days

• UNLIMITED  Talk Province-wide²
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

Please could you let me know how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks & Regards,

CH

5 REPLIES 5

carmenhon100

I also want to point out that the "Frequent Dropped Calls" thing usually happened between 2:30pm to 5pm EDT from Mon to Fri. I'd never have a call dropped on a Sat/Sun yet.

CH

carmenhon100

Thanks very much to your reply. Much appreciated. This is also my first post here since my switch to PM about 3 months ago. 

CH

carmenhon100

Thanks for the reply. Apple Iphone 6 is an old phone but Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus is a new phone which has only been used since May 15 this year while the Samsung Galaxy phone is also a brand new old. So, the dropped calls issue really has nothing to do with the phone that I used. 

CH

jejenkyns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I apologize if I'm not posting this in the correct place. 

I changed my plan over to the PM yesterday and have experienced a fairly dramatic increase in dropped calls myself. 

Halifax, NS. 

wmleung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How old is the phone?  Since you "work on the phone a lot" as you wrote.  Perhaps your phone has been doing too much work and getting tired.  Perhaps it is time to get a new one - only you can tell.

FYI, I had no problem with mine in downtown Toronto.

Need Help? Let's chat.