cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage at midnight?

Amelia13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my daughter a small data plan (250MB) and it's already used up - less than a week into her billing cycle. She barely uses her phone outside of WiFi, and when she does it's just for texting.

What's really confusing is the timing of when the date is being used.

Her data usage history shows some larger usages (e.g. ~50MB) between 12am-1am, when her phone is definitely not being used. I thought it might be because the system tallies usage over the entire day and displays it at the end of the day, but there are also some scattered usage entries at other times.

Can anyone help me understand?

6 REPLIES 6

Amelia13

This is really helpful; thanks so much!

jlfetsch

You can check your data usage history. On android it looks like this. It'll show you which apps are using up the most data. You may need to disable those apps or restrict background data. 250MB is not a lot and is very easy to use up these days.

Screenshot_20230208-190840.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Kids these days. Is she using an iphone? 250megs is not really very much. It's fine for low usage users (like me) but if she's using an iphone then you should change some options in the phone. Turn on send as sms and turn on send as mms and then turn off imessage. That way it will run like a standard texting app and not use imessage that wants the internet.

Then also turn off cell data and she should only use it sparingly as needed. It's remarkable how often you can find some wifi out and about if you can wait.

Turn off any options that want to update the OS and apps when on cell data. Just wifi.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Amelia13 

some time it is just a glitch in the system crash late reading.

tried use browser from computer,and clear cache/cookies/ open inPrivate mode,

To Login again and you will see it a different.

or call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN and check it out data usage.

don't to worry about it it's prepaid service, it's won't be any extra fees.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Amelia13  

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1675892572175.png

For most up to date account info

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Amelia13 PM only post data usage twice a day.

Any entry is see, the time shows ther is NOT the time data was used.  Instead, it is a total usage  between the timestamp of the earlier entry and the time of that entry.  So, it is pretty much thr total usage of the last 12 hours 

Need Help? Let's chat.