cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data network very slow / cant enter ticket (404)

DaveCachia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone, just switched from Bell to Public yesterday. Port went smooth. Using iPhone 15 Pro Max with eSIM.

Having some significant issues with speed. I have done 5 different speed tests today, most are coming in around 20 mbps down and less than 2MB upload. I have 5 bars on 5G and its still really slow - doesnt make sense. I had LTE with Bell and it was no where near this slow.

I am dual-simmed, so when I switch to my work connection (Rogers, 5G) I am getting the speeds I expect (200 Mbps download, and 80 mbps upload).

Any ideas? Did the usual troubleshooting stuff (i.e. restart phone).

4 REPLIES 4

There's a subtle marketing-speak here. It's all about speed. You can get the "5G" speed while connected to a 5G network or 4G network. You can the "4G" speed while connected to a 5G network or a 4G network. Maybe your phone doesn't have some specific 5G needs to get best results. But 4G LTE does.

DaveCachia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4G was a significant improvement, however, I think I have a 5G plan. Should work, no?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly: send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Try switching the phone to 4G LTE and doing some speed tests.

Need Help? Let's chat.