cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing offers

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have only been a public mobile customer for a week and I very much appreciate the savings and the rewards, etc. but I have to say that the mulitple overlapping offers are a source of much confusion. There have been so many different offers since we first heard of Public Mobile and I have noticed so many confusing messages on the Community, that I find the whole thing a bit baffling.

We have seen the $20 off for signing up at London Drugs, the basic $10 reward for being referred, the $25 reward to a person who refers someone and to the person who takes the referral (online only) and the first month and SIM card free (in store only). I have been referring people, and it would be so much easier if I could just say sign up and this is what you receive. Instead, I have to explain all the offers and combinations and deadlines. It's way too complicated for most people to take me seriously.

Is anyone else feeling frustrated about the complicated messaging?

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It can be disconcerting with so many referrals.  As a person offering referrals, I was really content to see the $25 bonus referral offer.  When the weekend deal came out, it was rather disruptive to the ambitions.  That said, if there were no promos, there would be no referral opportunities at all.  So gotta roll with the punches and adjust to the prevailing head winds.  Overall, I can't complain about the number of promos.  With the long weekend approaching, I fully expect something new to come along.  I am ready come what may.  Public Mobile's success is a proxy for my success.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:That said, I think it would be nice if there was a single place where you could see all of the active promos at once, with links to the promo details.  Once a promo expires, it would need to be removed from that page.

They do here. I agree though that expired promos could be removed.

Yeah...  Not exactly..  There's everything in there from promos, to site being down, to new rewards stuff, to monthly top contributors, etc.  Would need to be somewhere centralized, like on the pricing page, right at the top (or somewhere else, but just as prominent).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:That said, I think it would be nice if there was a single place where you could see all of the active promos at once, with links to the promo details.  Once a promo expires, it would need to be removed from that page.

They do here. I agree though that expired promos could be removed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rascal, it is a bit hard to keep up with all of the promotions.  However, I think it is always better to have more promotions than none at all.  Often the promotions are a direct response to a competitor's promotion.  That said, I think it would be nice if there was a single place where you could see all of the active promos at once, with links to the promo details.  Once a promo expires, it would need to be removed from that page.

Need Help? Let's chat.