cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community System Does Not Work

iamnopreacher
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The whole idea behind the Community service and having no Call Centre does not work. It takes ages to get good service and when you have no one to talk to, then it's like shooting in the dark. My wife had an issue when activating her number. She got various errors but the payment was taken successfully. Now she can't access her Self Serve and hence cannot port her existing number to PM. She activated the PM number just when her Virgin billing cycle ended, but since the port was unsuccessful she has to pay for her Virgin accoutn as well as she's already paid PM. An email was sent to PM on MOnday and it took over 48 hours for them to respond saying they've opened a ticket. Now it's 3 days since then, a total of 5 days. If this is the service we are supposed to accept to kee the prices down, then I'd rather move to someone else who can provide a better service for a little bit more. Now I am in doubts as to why I switched to PM. This Cimmunity stuff DOES NOT WORK.

PLEASE OPEN A CALL CENTRE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

9 REPLIES 9

iamnopreacher
You may be right but the community is only there to console you. There's not much they can do. And I believe that when I'm paying someone I need to know that someone exists to serve me. I hate to be kept hanging. Right now my wife is on the 7th day without access to self serve. What good is that? If I were able to talk to someone it would have got done by now. When a support staff doesn't have to directly deal with the person then there is no pressure to do anything at once, so they take their time. And this is what is happening. My jump from virgin to PM was no benefit. I already had a good package with virgin. The package I have now with PM just saved be $1.63. Wondering if I made a foolish move. With virgin, fort the same price, my wife would have been served and satisfied on the first day itself. The price of relying on a community of service is too high.

vrance

Hi @iamnopreacher, I think it depends on the market that Public Mobile is targeting on.  It offers less fee (which is one of the reasons why I joined) and in order to do that, it offers less channel to help the customers.  Most customers do not need to contact Public Mobile unless there is: 1) activation issue including porting 2) billing issue (more charge than expected, the plan does not match etc.).  Unlike providing a call centre which needs staff and the technical equipment, the self serve, and the community here offers a lot of help for non-urgent matters like APN, changing or clarifying plan.  I myself quite like this system, unlike Rogers, Bell or Telus offering a lot of shops around, and call center cold calling marketing etc.  This all depends on the customer needs.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're quite welcome.

I know that, in some cases, the frustration and anxiety are worse than the problem itself. That's why I often end my replies with, hang in there!, and that's what I'm saying to you.

iamnopreacher

@Martin I highly appreciate the help. Thank you so much.

iamnopreacher

@Daniel Thanks for the info. Did not know that. 

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

i @iamnopreacher,

The community manager won't get involve unless it's been at least 48hrs since you've opened your ticket.

Therefore if you write to her the same dsay that you've open your support ticket, it's possible that you wont get any answer.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @iamnopreacher

I know with certainty that Mansi is extremely busy with the problems posted in the community. I also know with certainty that she is not ignoring you.

To bring your problem to resolution, I am now alerting @Moid_I and @Jeremy_M to it.

FYI.

iamnopreacher

@Martin Thanks, but here's the funny part. @Mansi_G was the first person I contacted after sending an Email to PM and she did not respond till well after 48 hours, too. Not sure if she can do wonders. I am not laying my eggs in that basket for sure.

I just hope someone resolves my issue. All in all, I am stuck for 3 months with PM as we all bought the 90 day pass. 😞

Martin
Legend
Legend
@iamnopreacher,

In light of how much time has elapsed since your first contact with customer assistance, I am now alerting @Mansi_G to your situation. Mansi is a Community Manager. Either she or another Community Manager will initiate contact, and work with you until the problem is solved.

Though I know that it is easier said than done, hang in there!
Need Help? Let's chat.