cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed phone and sim

Caeser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i upgraded from S5 to an S8 so i had to get a new sim card i transferred my stuff between phones then went to my account and changed sim Numbers but i was expecting my phone number would switch also. what is the procedure to keep my same number

12 REPLIES 12

@Caeser wrote:

Many thanks to all who gave me input

So, does that mean it's now working??? 🤔 

Caeser

Many thanks to all who gave me input

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Caeser Log into http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

Check that your same number is on the plans and addons page and that the last 4 digits of your sim match the one you are trying to use. Don't throw the other sim out until you get your account working again.

To check the SIM number, click change sim, it will show you the last 4 digits of the current sim attached to your account. Don't change it, just look and then back out.

@Caeser Log into http://selfserve.publicmobile.ca.

Check that your same number is on the plans and addons page and that the last 4 digits of your sim match the one you are trying to use. Don't throw the other sim out until you get your account working again.

Caeser

i didn't create a new account it is still current i was using my S5 in the last hour.

I went to my account and changed the sim card number also in the last hour

Caeser

I have just put in airplane mode

@Caeser wrote:

Both my phones are showing diconnected service ?

@Caeser  Turn off th s5 and put the s8 in airplane mode for 15 minutes. Turn off airplane mode and see if your s8 connects to the PM network.

@Caeser If you changed your sim card number in self serve, then your old sim is deactivated. However, your old number should still be attached to your new sim.

If you created a new account with your NEW sim, your old sim will still be attached to your old account and old number. If it has been 90 days since you used your old account, your account is closed and your number is gone with it.

Give some more background and we can be more exact with your options.

@Caeser wrote:

I thought i had to they told me at London Drugs ......would i still be able to do as you say and change my sim number back to what it was

@Caeser  Unfortunately not because once you change the sim number within selfserve the old card cannot be used or reactivated again.

Not sure why LD told you that a new card was required. Which location?

Caeser

I thought i had to they told me at London Drugs ......would i still be able to do as you say and change my sim number back to what it was

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Caeser  Why did you have to change the sim card? Couldn't you just moved the sim card from the s5 to thd s8. Public's sim cards are tri punch so you could easily make the sim smaller.

If you just changed your sim number using the change sim card option via your selfserve account then the phone number doesn't get affected.

Caeser

Both my phones are showing diconnected service ?

Need Help? Let's chat.