cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send/receive texts after switching, can't log in under problem account

Mark_Neily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in a bit of a catch-22 here

My mother's a new Public customer but she has been unable to receive text messages since switching over her number from her previous provider last week.  I have tried to submit a support ticket for her, but I can't submit a ticket without logging in to her account.  I can't log into her account without going through the EverSafe verification.  I can't complete the EverSafe verification because they are sending a text message to her number... which she can't receive, as that's the reason I am trying to get support in the first place.

Does anybody have any ideas, either on how to fix it or on how to get into her account to submit a ticket?  We have tried shutting down the phone and taking the SIM card out and in, and we have confirmed with her previous provider that that account has been cancelled.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Neily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mark_Neily 

PM has problem provisioning text capability for new activations.  And if you are an iPhone user,  iMessage activation by phone number will also be impacted without a working SMS. 

PM is working on a fix but for now, they can only resolve the issue on a case by case basis.

Instead of using Chatbot, you can use direct message with the link below to submit the ticket

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.