cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling not working right

Kathy11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can call out. But when people receive my calls it’s from a different number. If they call that new number they get me. Text messages come to my old cell number? It’s like the number transfer did not complete properly. I am now left with two numbers and it’s awful and nobody to talk to to help fix this mess!!! Do I have to cancel the whole plan and just go elsewhere? Suggestions? Joining public has been anything bus satisfactory so far 

5 REPLIES 5

@Kathy11  your account on the old provider is cancelled now?

did you login My Account using Incognito mode, go to Profile page and check the phone number there?  If it is not the one you want to port in, the port was not completed

You can port the number back in BUT you need to call your old provider and get it resume service first.  ONLY number from an active account can be ported in.  

Kathy11

But my old account is no longer active now so it sounds like a lost cause and I am not techy so this all sounds too complicated for me

Kathy11

Under a month but the account is cancelled now

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kathy11 

did you join PM over a month ago ?  And you requested porting but did you get a text from your old provider and replied YES?

It sounds like the port was over a month old and voided.  Please login My Account using Incognito mode, check Profile page and see what phone number there. 

If it is a new number, that yes, the port request was pending over a month and got cancelled.  You need to re-request Transfer Phone number again on that page, but you need to make sure your account with the old account still active and you have the sim card to receive the text from the old provider to approve the port

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kathy11 

watch the little envelop icon top right side...I'll send you number to call to re-start port.

Need Help? Let's chat.