cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boxing Day Sales for existing customers

A-L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it possible to take advantage of the boxing day sales as an existing customer without needing to go through the hassle of porting out our numbers? 

Not sure if anyone in the community has found any recourse, but I'm seriously considering porting out my number considering the rather large value discrepancy between the boxing day deal plans and the currently value ($25+$15) plans offered. 

Please update if anyone found any success petitioning PM to do the switch for them!

11 REPLIES 11

Cory82

You're not wrong, but if I'm going to go to the trouble of porting out, I'd rather just go elsewhere altogether.

A-L

Yeah, I got very similar responses from agents. I guess we just aren't the target market for PM, and the best option is to port out and back in 😞

Cory82

Update to my last post. I initially came over to Public mobile on a Black Friday Promo. $34 20GB 5G.  I TRIED to switch to this boxing day $34 50GB 5G. I wasn't 100% successful, but they compromised and gave me 40GB (instead of 50GB that new customers were offered) with no change in billing. 

On the flip side, my wife who's been with public for years, has a very old, uncompetitive plan. $30/mth 2gb 3G. I convinced her to message customer service to try and get them to switch her to a $24/mth 4GB 4g . 3 different agents came back with some very non sensical replies, something about settling her billing issues (she's in perfectly good standing and current with monthly CC charge), and tried to upsell her some much more expensive & unnecessary 40GB $40 plan. She eventually gave up, very disappointing.  

A-L

Is it possible to get on the $24 4GB data plan?

I find it rather hilarious that loyal customers are advertised plans that they cannot even access. 

Both the following plans were advertised to me, yet upon wanting to change plans it then shows that the plan is only for new customers. 

1000041111.jpg

1000041113.jpg

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello

Bryan578
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just tried to get one of the boxing day deals, as I'm still on 3G  plan and wanted the advertised 4G plan...., sent a request to the CS department and they turned me down, said it's only for existing customers.  Time to shop around I guess, crazy when you've been with a company for years.   

Flameotter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Ragz 

Congratulations. I'm curious as to which plan you were able to get?

What are the details?

Awesome job!

luxray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new to Public and just invited my partner to join on black Friday, and now neither of us are eligible for this better deal. ironic because I told him a reason I switched to public mobile was to avoid the hassle of always hounding agents for the best promos and deals.... disappointing. 

Cory82

That's good to know. I annoyingly just signed up last month and am paying way more (per GB) than these current deals. I sent customer support a message a brief while ago, I hope they're accommodating. 😕

Ragz

I was able to get a deal by taking to Agent and request the plan.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You're right.  However, Public is often offering new plans/promotions to existing customers.  It's just whether you are willing to wait or not.  Good luck with whatever you choose.

Need Help? Let's chat.