cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged wrong amount

PublicMobNoob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I wanted to take advantage of the Freedom Mobile Customer Switch-Over deal, so I ordered a SIM, and activated it when it arrived. I followed all the instructions choosing the 6gb data option, porting my number from Freedom, and it mentioned my total for 90 days came to $120 as promised - I went ahead and payed this and also setup autopay. Once my account was activated and all, I logged in to see it mentioned my account was suspended, and I needed to pay $60 with my account showing an available balance of $120 - weird, but I went ahead and payed this thinking it would just deduct from the balance, but no, it charged my credit card. I now payed $186 for a plan that I was supposed to only pay $120 for. This morning I got an email saying my account is good to go and all and that my plan is the $120 one that was promised to me, but this email does not reflect my account as my account says my next payment is $186 in September. I have contacted the support email and a mod but I'm waiting for a reply. Does anyone know what else I should do in this situation?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

PublicMobNoob

@QTPie Thank you for the reply. Seeing that your situation got resolved in a short time gives me hope.

Cheers

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You are most welcome, and thank you. hopefully it is resolved soon

PublicMobNoob

@neatooo Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and sent a message to the mods with that information you recommended I provide. I also marked your answer as the best.

Cheers

QTPie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Unfortunately there's been a lot of problems with people getting the wrong plans and charged the wrong amount due to technical errors. It's good that you've already contacted a mod and sent an email. The only thing you can do now is wait for them to reply and solve your issue.

I wouldn't worry too much, I had the exact same problem with my freedom port and they refunded me my money within 48 hours.

Meanwhile, just enjoy the better quality cell service 🙂

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately it is time to contact the mods and it`ll take 24-48 hours. Please include sim#, phone#, email used during activation, and detailed description of what happened.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

Need Help? Let's chat.