cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Payment Failed - Visa Card Still Charged

arcaderat200
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i was trying to activate my public mobile account again after it expired approximately a week ago. As i tried to top up the account, i was given the message "Sorry, we are unable to process your credit card request" and something about please try again later. I tried topping up the account multiple times, but the same message came up.

But as i logged into my bank account, as the card i used was a visa debit card, i realized that i was charged 10 times. Each costing $12.32 from OPOS PUBLIC MOBILE VANCO.

So in total, i have paid over $120 and got nothing. My Public Mobile account still says i have $0.00, but my bank account says i got charged $123.2.

Can i get some help here?

Thank You.

6 REPLIES 6

seltaeb1956
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try this it worked for me and others.......................................

I was walking around with 2 phones as my Rogers Sim was still working and PM was only receiving texts.  I was was in Limbo as I waited for a moderator. Until I figured it out and the Port was complete.  .

The fix for me...

1.  On PM website top right hand corner I clicked on MY Account

2.  On the right click on Create Account

3.  Put in the phone number you tried to port over from your old carrier

4.  If the number indeed was ported, you'll get a message that says click to send verification.

if the number wasn't ported, you'll get the following error The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already.  I cannot help you if you get this message and you cannot move on to step 5 below.

5.  If your number did port, but was in limbo.  Put the PM sim in your phone and within a second or 2 you'll should get a text from PM with a verification code

6.  Back on PM website, fill in the code you received on your phone.

7.  Click Continue and the next tab will ask to create account.

8.  Use the email address you used when you created the account when you signed up to the promotion.  I used that email address, but any email address will work to create profile.

9. Type in a new password.

10.  It will say account has been created.

11.  Now Click on MY Account, fill in the fields username name and password you just created

12.  Once I logged in, I saw that my number had actually been ported.  It hadn't worked previously because I guess I never had an account/profile on PM website.   Once I logged in, I did see payment had gone through, my phone number had been ported and within 5 minutes, the PM sim started working receiving text, incoming and outgoing calls began.  Rogers sim stopped working within 20 minutes.

All I noticed was autopay wasn't enabled.  I enabled it and now I'm working on PM.

hslmdjim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Let me know if you get a response. They charged me 8 times, for 920 total. Messaged every moderator multiple times and zero response. Everyone tells you to "message the mods", well the mods are either understaffed or completely incompetent. If you don't want to actually use PM, you should probably file a complaint or do a chargeback on your visa. Will probably get it resolved faster than the mods getting back to you.

arcaderat200

@Watoko Okay thank you!

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It should not matter as the tickets end up in a common pool for the mod on duty to review!

Here are two: @Mary_M @Shazia_K

arcaderat200

@CaNuCk07 Okay Thank You. Will send right now. Any moderators you recommend?

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@arcaderat200  For these issues you need to get in contact with a moderator.  Send a private message and be sure to include the relevant informaiton from the below post.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Need Help? Let's chat.