cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Failed - charged for plan but unable to use PM

Erikamaye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

this seems to be a common issue right now with the volume of people signing up. I activated my SIM Card yesterday (12pm EST), gave payment info, selected the 90 day promo plan and was charged the $135 to my credit card.

On the final page, it said activation failed and to go to the community. I have sent a private message, and understand there is a serious backlog - kind of nervous as people are stating they've waited 10+ days for a reply. 

After the 'failure' I received an email with my activation details - however, it says I have the $120 plan and will be charged again on 12/1/2016 (should be 2/15/2017). I can't sign into the Self Service - it says my login has failed, so I try the Forgot Password route and it can't verify my email.

Tried my SIM card in my phone, but it says I don't have texting or talk on my plan. 

Luckily I signed up with a new number (waiting until after activation to port my Telus number), but that means I'm paying for both plans and am worried PM will charge me another $135 on December 1st (while still paying $80/month to Telus).

I've read the update from Public Mobile but unfortunately clearing cache etc hasn't worked. Hoping the backlog decreases soon...any other suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Erikamaye,

Rest assured that the mods will eventually fix your plan and account.  You've already taken the steps needed to get assistance and I really hope they can get through their backlog as soon as possible and get to your issue.  It seems like this issue began last night where the system seems to be signing people up for the wrong length of the plan.  I read last night that some people were able to log into their account after waiting a little longer.

Need Help? Let's chat.