cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating SIM Card with Prepaid Card

Eric_H98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know which type of prepaid cards work when purchasing a new plan and activating a new SIM card? I've read from previous posts that you can't activate with a debit card, the payment voucher, and some types of prepaid cards. Before I head out and buy a prepaid card, can anyone confirm that they have activated their SIM and purchased a new plan with a prepaid VISA or Mastercard?

4 REPLIES 4

@Eric_H98 wrote:

Hi Sansan,

I appreciate the reply. Like you mentioned, I'm one of those individuals who is having an issue with activating my SIM card with my TD VISA debit card. Not entirely sure why that's the case, but I tried through the app and website to only be met with errors. The prepaid card route seems to be my only option left at the moment. I'll take note of your suggestion and look for the Vanilla Mastercard. Thank you!

I have used this style of prepaid credit card for activation as recently as January 22/2024.

c9bcbdb8-6d1f-4d95-af46-48f250950418.jpeg

Of course, this being Public Mobile, that is no guarantee that it's still working now.... Make sure to start activating with a completely fresh installation of the PM app (delete existing if applicable, restart phone, install latest version directly from app store). 

Sorry. Best of luck 👍🏻 

Eric_H98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Sansan,

I appreciate the reply. Like you mentioned, I'm one of those individuals who is having an issue with activating my SIM card with my TD VISA debit card. Not entirely sure why that's the case, but I tried through the app and website to only be met with errors. The prepaid card route seems to be my only option left at the moment. I'll take note of your suggestion and look for the Vanilla Mastercard. Thank you!

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I have never used either, but  they do take Debit Mastercard and Debit Visa. I do know that a few people had problems with the TD debit visa I don't know if it was ever resolved.

People usually recommend Vanila Mastercard also. Can't confirm.

Screenshot_20240114_204338_Samsung Internet.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.