cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally added secondary phone number to my account

Sam56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a recent subscriber of Public Mobile.  I successfully created an account for myself, purchased a public mobile sim card, and ported my phone number over from a different carrier.  

I then went to port my sons phone number to my account, not realizing you can only have one subscription/phone number per account.  

Problem:

His phone number is linked to my account while his public mobile sim card is linked to his new public mobile account I just created (along with a subscription).  I don't know how to transfer his phone number from my new public mobile account, to his.  

11 REPLIES 11

Sam56

...as to if I call my own phone number, I reach my voicemail actually.  So maybe there is hope? But everyone is closed at the moment so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Sam56

I submitted a ticket but it's out of my hands when public mobile will respond.  Perhaps I should try contacting my old carrier to see if I can reverse it.  My phone shows my sons phone number, and his phone shows "unknown number" 

@Sam56 And I'm assuming if you call your number it doesn't connect/isn't in service? You might be out of luck, but contact an agent ASAP. The number will go back to the original carrier at some point (not necessarily your last carrier).

@Sam56 the port won't be completed as long as you didn't reply YES on your son's phone to a text from his carrier to approve the port

But. you still need to ask support to cancel the port request and arrange to get the old number back.  

Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there 

Sam56

Ok from the start: 

I first successfully created my account and transferred my phone number over.  I then made the error of clicking "transfer phone number" within my profile thinking I was ADDING another phone number...not replacing my main contact number.  I then created a seperate public mobile account for my son, added his sim card to it and a subscription.  The only thing left is to add his phone number which I can't do because it's now associated to my account.  And yes my phone rings when his number is called 😫

@Sam56 did you already activated the account for you son, ie you now have 2 PM accounts?? If so, login My account again using Incognito mode to avoid browser cache issue mixing things up

Also, when you call your son number, which sim rings??

Sam56

Yes my sons phone number is showing in my account as "my phone number", but the sim card number is still showing correctly as mine.

@Sam56 is the son's number showing on Profile page, Phone number? or just showing as Alternate number??

Sam56

When I look within my account, my sons phone number is showing association with the sim card number I have in my phone.  

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your son's number over top of your number? If so, your number is now gone. You'll need to contact an agent to see if they can help.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sam56 the secondary number on My Account is more like a contact number (or emergency number) for PM to reach you in case.  It won't affect your ability to port that number into PM 

And a reminder, to port the second number, you need to use another email address to create another My Acocunt

Need Help? Let's chat.