cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

992 CAD charged without activating service. All transactions are posted and not just temporary

hslmdjim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I tried activating over the weekend and was charged a combined 992 CAD on 1 Visa and 1 Mastercard. Every time I tried to activate, an error message saying payment didn't go through and I have not been charged. That was clearly not the case. I understand there is a backlog for technical support, but this is literally stealing from customers without providing any service whatsoever. Please refund or reply within 24 hours.

14 REPLIES 14

akpo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also, beware, I asked my CC company whether I should pay off the $120 extra they charged me (because I was charged twice of $120), before disputing it and CC advised me to pay off the $240 before disputing, to avoid interest charges.

Of course, $240 is nothing compared to $992, but I would advise you to contact your CC company after 14 days of the unauthorized payment and ask them how it will work to cancel the authorized payments/etc.

jbeales

@apko hi do you have a home phone or wife phone because you could callforward you calls to another phone till your problem is solved

akpo

I'm in limbo as well too with you.  No incoming calls and I run a freelance business so I'm sure I missed a few calls already.

I was with Rogers, had a very nice grandfathered plan ($65 for 6gbs), but I wasn't using the data (all I really need is like 2-3, sometimes maybe 4) per month.  I actually think that my old plan is still active at the moment because porting is incomplete, haha.  Never called Rogers to do anything other than to unlock my phone to port over to PM, so I was glad with PM's prices and self-serve system.

However, I think after that these kinks are worked out, we would be better off with PM but that's just my opinion.  I've been waiting for a week now and am desperate for them to fix my issues too haha (no incoming, double-charged, referall dollars not showing up, sometimes texts not being sent, etc).

hslmdjim

@akpo Thanks, I never contact my mobile provider (Fido) so I thought PM would be a good no frills system. But to be honest, right now I just want to be rid of Public Mobile. I don't want the 4GB promo, I don't want anything but a refund and never for PM to touch my number in fear I end up in limbo like so many people on this forum. 

akpo

I'm sure you'll come to appreciate PM and the self serve system, from the much lower prices and better plan deals, but right now they need to get these porting issues figured out because they are pissing off customers and charging for a product/service that they are unable to provide.

I would recommend waiting for a few more days, maybe to the end of this week, before contacting CCTS.  Up to you however.  Anyway, good luck with all of this!

akpo

You were in the same boat as me.  I was double charged twice, and couldn't login.  Finally I was lucky enough to get a mod ( @Shazia_K ) to look into it and port the number further, but in the end I was still missing incoming calls (so incomplete port), the double charge wouldn't go away, and I was not credited for my money when I signed into my account.  The payment history page is all messed up and said I was double charged, but did not acknowledge the extra payment.  I only have $6 credit (from autopay setup) at the moment.

hslmdjim

@akpoI will likely be filing a complaint with the CCTS first before my credit card company.

hslmdjim

Thank you everyone for the replies. Now if only any of the mods will read any of my messages.

akpo

Some credit card companies will require waiting a certain amount of time (mine is 14days) after (you) contact (or try to) PublicMobile (by phone) to open up a dispute for unauthorized payment, and they'll even give you a PM contact phone number, but the number is 100% self serve and you won't be able to talk to a representative or human being.  Trust me, I tried it.

hslmdjim

I have been trying to contact mods since the failure to submit on Saturday, November 19th. I messaged each of the mods above individually and none of my messages have been read. I cannot create an account with the number I tried porting with, nor did I receive ANY email from Public Mobile that allows me to log in.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hslmdjim

Just contact your credit card and they will correct the mistake. If you've been charged, that means your account is active.  Hopefully one of our moderators will look into that for you asap.

akpo

An account that's actually login-able may be affected by incomplete port, as in my case.  I was charged twice ($120x2) and I couldn't login (I couldn't create an account based on my cellphone number that I was porting to PM, nor did I get an e-mail from PM regarding account details, nor did the password reset work) until I contacted a mod.

I can login now, but was still double charged $120 (still showing up on my CC statement), and phone is not fully ported (no incoming calls, they all get sent to voicemail).

I did experience the same payment failure issue as you, and there was a "submit" button on that page so I clicked that and PM charged me again.  You have to get a mod to look at this.

jbeales

hi if you were charged , then you must have an account, try logging in and you could see all the charges copy that and send it to a mod in a pm

hslmdjim
Need Help? Let's chat.