cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging a MOD

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

First off I want to start by saying it is great to see so many people helping others out on the forum.  With that said I am starting to notice this more and more the last little while, where the respondent(person trying to help) is tagging more then one MOD.  Or even though a MOD is tagged in an earlier post they are still tagging the same MOD like 20 minutes later.  We know that if you tag a MOD or send them a PM it goes to all of them of or in a general list so tagging two mods in a post, or tagging the same MOD in the same thread is only adding to this list and creating multiple entries.  If we want the members to get a speedy response we also need to be a part of that process by not creating extra entries for the MODS to look though. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

13 REPLIES 13

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Some good points being made here.  I would just add that there are occasionally instances where we are simply making reference to a specific moderator, i.e. mentioning something they said or did.  In those cases, I would just write "according to moderator Shazia_K..." or "yesterday, Mary_M did..." (without the @ sign, so no tag).  I recommend others do this when the attention of the specific moderator is not being requested, so as to avoid unnecessarily adding to their workload.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Luddite

You are right but it's ok to be tagged once by one user if the question is not by general interest like you sai. Some new customers don't really know how to PM us so giving hem the procedure could be helpful! 🙂 

Let me know if you guys have any other questions. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

I asked the MODS what they would like or prefer

Hey Shawn, 

We are all doing fine and you? 🙂 

Feel free to do whatever you guys feel comfortable with, but giving the procedure for PMs and tagging one of us would be great! Only in cases where we need to access account/make changes etc..

Thank you 🙂

Shazia

So it looks like if it is account issues for access or changes, they are ok with being tagged.  I think most of us have been doing this and only tagging when it is an account issue but I hope this will help clear it up some.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hi all: Jeremy has asked specifically that we suggest private messaging a moderator, and refrain from tagging, when customer information is needed to resolve an issue.

So, I think the mantra is DON'T TAG unless the moderator's answer will be of general interest. Especially don't tag AND send a private message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@TheOldVR wrote:

@ShawnC13 Agreed!

Sometimes a MOD may get double tagged if a post is several pages long... but for the most part if we commit to trying to only tag once, we'll be doing much better!

Just tell user to send private message. If for hours or a day later, user replies saying i pmed but no one replied. Then you might wanna tag mod to get their attention. 

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 Agreed!

Sometimes a MOD may get double tagged if a post is several pages long... but for the most part if we commit to trying to only tag once, we'll be doing much better!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think @NDesai hit it on the head.... basically:

- if it's an issue specific to that community member or their account, the quickest and best way to get help is to private message one of the moderators.  It's going to be required anyway, so tagging one or more first just delays getting the help.  

- if it's something of public interesting, asking for confirmation about how something works, what plan features are, policies, etc, then tag.  Mods can help more publicly for this type of stuff and priv message is not required in most cases to resolve.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ShawnC13 Many times we don't. It's up to the op to update and let us know if it was solved. Sometimes mods follow up but we all know they are busy and often no updates on topics that needed mods help.

@NDesai, then how would we know if the situation gets taken care of?  As I put in my post above some members are new and don't know about notifications or follow up on their post.  They post and wait for them to be contacted even if you tell them to pm a mod.  This is where one of the ideas I posted may help  productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/MODS-online-indicator/idi-p/146364 where if the mods were listed on the main page with an indicator if they were online, you could direct the person to go there and click the name of a mod and send them a private message right from the main screen.  In the end though I guess it comes down to people following up on their own issues we can only offer advice or experience it is up to them if they use it.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
It was just a day ago I realised this problem and commented on how to stop this. When the contact mods article was updated, one of the change was to not tag the mod at all and tell them to send private message. If mods really need to chime in the topic, only then you would tag one of them. Tagging multiple mods sends multiple notification to a pool they all have access to.

Tagging creates alot of notification when multiple users tag them even though someone already did. Another major problem is that when users who tagged edits post, it sends another notification to the person you tagged.

So let's not tag mods at all if we don't really need mod to see the topic. It ll make handling request much easier when mods wont have many notification to go through.

@will13am, I will still tag a MOD as if the member is new they might not no how or get notifications of responses or follow the thread so atleast this way the MOD is aware of the issue and can follow up with the member if required.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Great suggestion!  I have already stopped tagging moderators.  I ask that private messages be sent.  Invariably, the private message step is required.  Even when a moderator sees the tagged thread, the customer is asked to write a private message.  This tagging thing is really inefficient.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13  agreed! i've been seeing alot of this lately.  Also not just duplicate mod tagging, just people repeating the same asnswer as 1 or even 2 people above, jsut to be able to get a post.

Sometimes it happens someone posts 10 seconds after someone else, but when its 20 minutes later its very unncessary.

Need Help? Let's chat.