cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service because of Wifi?

bbqpeanut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I posted here about 2 months ago with this problem, then PM'd a mod and still haven't gotten a response a month later.

I have a OnePlus One. Most times when I go on Wifi, I lose service fully. The 'airplane mode' trick doesn't work (nor should that be a reasonable fix). I literally need to reboot my phone regularly throughout the day if I'm at home and on Wifi or if I'm out and occasionally connecting to wifi.

I've tried my Fido and Rogers sim cards and well as 2 sims in SE Asia which have had no problems.

I'm beginning to think it's a sim problem or some how PM is broken on their end.

Does anyone have a fix? Can PM replace my sim for free? What options do I have (for my first month I just never turned Wifi on and blew through my data)?

Thanks =/

16 REPLIES 16

Veder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey 

So I got a One Plus 2 and this happens from time to time with me,

I factory reset the phone and havint seen it happen but be sure your not turning off the Data on the phone which I can on the One + 2

bbqpeanut

I haven't tried another phone though I've also never flashed a rom.. is it likely that the default OS that came with OPO is the problem? =/

@Mana wrote:

@will13am Yes I agree and pretty sure that it is a phone issue. 

I didn't notice him/her trying the sim in another unlocked phone, that why I suggested, just to troubleshoot and eliminate any service or sim related issues. 

Thanks. 

Guaranteed that it is not the SIM.  If you can connect just once, that rules it out.

@will13am Yes I agree and pretty sure that it is a phone issue. 

I didn't notice him/her trying the sim in another unlocked phone, that why I suggested, just to troubleshoot and eliminate any service or sim related issues. 

Thanks. 

@Mana wrote:

@bbqpeanut Have you tried putting your sim in other unlocked phone and test if you have the same issue?

It is definitely an issue with the phone.  I am trying to search a solution in the oneplus forum.  Personally, I would just ditch CM and run a different rom. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If the previous workaround doesn't do anything, read this thread and try updating the firmware.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/opo-cm13-reception-issues.444663/

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@bbqpeanut Have you tried putting your sim in another unlocked phone and test if you have the same issue?

@bbqpeanut wrote:

I'm running Android 6.0.1 and Cyanogen 13.1.2-ZNH2KAS3P0-Bacon

Give the legacy DHCP toggle workaround a try.  BTW, I tried CM on my opo and I don't like it.  It has been on slimrom most of its life.  You might want to give it a test drive.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/opo-cm13-and-a-very-strange-internet-issue.461307/

bbqpeanut

If I never connect to a wifi network, I have 0 problems. The moment I connect to one I either lose all reception (not just data, it just says 'no network') or I lose all data when i disconnect from wifi

bbqpeanut

I'm running Android 6.0.1 and Cyanogen 13.1.2-ZNH2KAS3P0-Bacon

@bbqpeanut wrote:

I've tried deleting all the APNs before and it happens on 3g and LTE as someone suggested having it set to prefer 3g. It happens on both 5ghz and 2.4ghz at home as I was testing why my laptop didn't work on 5 (lacked hardware).

Are you saying that if you disable wifi and stay on cellular data, you have no problem.  The issues occur only when you disconnect from wifi and try to connect to cellular data?  What rom are you running on the opo?

bbqpeanut

I opened a ticket with OnePlus in November, never heard back.

bbqpeanut

I've tried deleting all the APNs before and it happens on 3g and LTE as someone suggested having it set to prefer 3g. It happens on both 5ghz and 2.4ghz at home as I was testing why my laptop didn't work on 5 (lacked hardware).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

OP, I have a one plus one also.  Although it is not my primary phone, I have used it on the Public Mobile service.  I have problems whatsoever with the phone on this network.  What software are you running on the phone?  Could it be something amiss with a nightly build? 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

It definately sounds like a phone issue

Public is using same network as Telus / Koodo / Bell / Virgin / Solo / PC Mobile so if it was a network issue it would have alot of press since more than 2/3rds of all Canadians are on the network

Have you opened a ticket with OnePlus? They usually are pretty good support wise

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That very much sounds like a phone problem, specifically in the devices firmware/modem.

You can try isolating it, does it happen on 3g/LTE? Connected to 5ghz wifi or 2.4ghz? AC/N/G connection? WPA/WPA2/WEP encrytpion? 

A quick Google search suggests you aren't the only one, and one possible fix is to delete all the APN's and then enter PM's. 

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/fix-for-no-service-cm12-1.349689/

Another thread describing your exact issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/32k0su/signal_issues_with_lollipop/

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.