cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Rewards question with credit cards

marcmasters
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i was wondering I'm with tangerine, and i know a lot of users have a credit card registered to prepaid their bills. Could public mobile put themselves as a registered billing payment occurence with this credit card companies so i could recieve a larger reward from my credit and other companies as well. Currently at 1% cashback would like to recieve 2% and i know some other companies give 4% at a 100$ bill that makes a difference in rewards on a month/month and/or yearly basis. It would be nice to earn more. 

1 REPLY 1

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To add a little bit of information.

Currently Tangerine has a promotion that you get 4% cashbacks in 3 categories you chose.

Tang1.GIF

You could choose "Recurrent Bills" category and get 4$ cashback for PublicMobile.

Like for instance Uber, they show up as "Recurrent Bills" in the statement ( The last column is the rewards of $0.19):

Uber.GIF

However, PublicMobile, appears under "Other" categories, so you only get back 1% ( The last column is the rewards of $0.51):

public1.GIF

For me its not a big issue, since as you see I pay $50 every 3 months. That would be a difference of only $1.5 dollars every 3 months or $0.5 per month (4% vs 1% difference ).

Just wanted to add info so its easier to understand what @marcmasters mean.

Thank you,

JL

Need Help? Let's chat.