Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,569 REPLIES 5,569

@OldNicknameGone wrote:

It seems they were really unimpressed with my posts, because I just tried twice to post my numbers again and it won't work. I hit reply and see the message as posted, but refresh the page and it's instantly gone. My posts are being filtered instantly. Maybe I should try posting it without all the dollar signs, in case that's what's triggering the filter! 😛

@OldNicknameGone I don't have the link but someone might have it to see if your posts are being picked up by the spam filter.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

samako
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow, banned from logging into my account to get my account number when I wanted to make the CCTS complaint... Now I can't even cancel. Thanks for the fuel for the CCTS complaint PM.

shafeec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Time cancelled public mobile and move to freedom

samako

For any chance of the complaint being taken seriously, they would need a copy of the PM/user agreement at the time of any individual's signing.

Since PM has now changed agreements for new users and made it difficult/impossible for old users to find their agreements, it would likely involve legal action to obtain the originals.

Irina_O

@J_PM wrote:

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

I am excited to provide your soon-to-be-ex-customers a link to submit a CCTS complaint on their way out.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

I still remember that the last time that PM tried to pull a fast one and renege on their promises, the deluge of CCTS complaints resulted in the CEO posting a "we heard you loud and clear" capitulation message.

It would be nice if someone more articulate than myself posted a template of a complaint message for people to use.  I am pretty sure it is not against the TOS.

Lolo_1234
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So many posts being deleted... Every time I upload the page, there are multiple new replies AND the total replies count gets lower... ! 

OldNicknameGone

I just did the complete comparison. I'm on a 40 per month plan, with full loyalty reward (5 per mth), the PAP reward (2 per mth) and two referrals (2 per mth), so I actually pay 31 plus tax a month (372 plus tax per year).

My PAP reward is gone completely, which is 24 per yr out of my pocket. My loyalty reward gets converted to the anniversary points, so my 60 per yr becomes 10 per yr, an increase of 50 per yr. My two referrals remain the same.

My new annual cost, before cash back, will be 446 per yr (an increase of 74 per yr). I then get 5 percent cash back on that, for 22.30 per year. Therefore, my new annual cost, even including cash back, will be 423.70, an increase of 51.70 per year. When you include the sales tax on the annual increase, I'll be out-of-pocket 58.42 per year because of this change (an additional 1.6 months worth of cost per year compared to my current pricing), with no increase in service. The numbers get even worse if my two referrals leave PM because of this.

Cnlola8322

Not Happy about this PM.  Not a good move.  250GB of free data for plans with unlimited data?.  Keep old reward program for loyal customers. 

Irina_O

@turkeyscanfly wrote:

Please someone show me how to file a CCTS Complaint. step by step. I am low skilled at computers.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

Benfica71

What happens if you change to a 90 day plan now? How would the old rewards work then?

Soon-ex-PM-user

PM made to this website for the third time:

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2024/03/11/public-mobile-users-protest-rewards-cut-ccts/

Personally I would be worried with future changes by PM.   They can easily eliminate $1 or 1 point per month for each referral or increase redemption to 2 points for $1 (instead of 1 for 1)

Lolo_1234

You're aware that mentioning a name or facts is not necessarily in every occurence advertising, right?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@public_999 wrote:

Wow, you guys are really working overtime removing posts!!

Members need to be aware that advertising for other companies is violation of the terms of service.

@Wolfcore wrote:

It's hilarious how we see most of the Oracles claiming that PM still has the best value even with the old rewards system being removed, while also removing any comments that showcase any of these competitors deals, while also saying that they're impartial, don't work for PM, and aren't protecting them 🤣

OldNicknameGone

No HTML, no links, just plain text. I used a lot of dollar signs and slashes (for per month and per year), but still all just text. Maybe my high IQ move is grab a screenshot before I refresh and attach it as an image.

Edit: we were at 1474 replies when I last looked, now we're 1463 - someone is cleaning up.

samako

Mods are deleting any comments regarding competition? Ruthless.... Goodbye

Stelawrat
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@OldNicknameGone wrote:

It seems they were really unimpressed with my posts, because I just tried twice to post my numbers again and it won't work. I hit reply and see the message as posted, but refresh the page and it's instantly gone. My posts are being filtered instantly. Maybe I should try posting it without all the dollar signs, in case that's what's triggering the filter! 😛

lol heheheh ahhh You're not getting an html red flags right? Not using any hyperlinks? If it's just a breakdown of old reward numbers vs new, then I've seen a lot back when this thread first started to take off & there didn't seem to be any problems. 🤔

samako

I haven't got any sort of notice yet, other than searching myself on the internet... But thanks for letting me know to start searching around for better deals.

Cheers

OldNicknameGone

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PC_Out  -  Yeah, if they made it forever data... possibly yes, but since it is 150 days expiry date then no.

How would they have thought that would work by just 'Giving them a bonus data for 150 days' and call it a day?

PC_Out

I’ve been with PM for over 10 years now. PM is chasing the grandfathers…. I’m not sure we want bonus data. 

Stelawrat

@OldNicknameGone wrote:

I've had exactly the same, without even posting information about other companies. I've posted twice with a detailed analysis of how much my cost of service will increase with this plan. I haven't posted anything about competitors or their plans, only honest information about my existing PM plan and how much more I'll have to pay if I stay with PM. Both were deleted within minutes. They seem okay with leaving posts of people just being angry, but will not allow posts that really detail the financial impact. I think they're hoping people won't fully appreciate what this change will cost them, and that the increase in billing from the people who stay will offset the losses from people who leave.

ooooo I may give that a shot just to see. 😛  Pretty sure that doesn't constitute posting personal information, so not sure why your posts would have been removed... 

tennantd

Three lines with PM for years. Only reason I have stuck with PM is due to the credits on the old rewards. Have one newer line that I'm stuck with the points system. Let's face it, they just want you to never log in to use the points. That's the reason for the change. Plain and simple, more money for them. I'll be considering moving on from PM in May with the 4 lines (3 on the old rewards) I have. Keep the rewards or loose clients plain and simple. Also tell all of your customers. So far only 1 line has been notified. Normal big company garbage. 

Jp21

Believe it or not back in around 2018 when the community would rise up PM would actually adjust their plans sometimes. Back when they cared about the customers I guess. 

OldNicknameGone

If anyone tries to answer that, their post will get deleted (and honestly, your post will probably get deleted to). There doesn't seem to be much deletion happening now, so I assume the moderation staff are all in bed, but I imagine they'll get caught up in the morning.

Jp21

Wow that's trash. I guess I'll have to start shopping around after being with PM for over 5 years. I finally thought I found a carrier I could stay with. 

Anyone know who's best to switch too?

OldNicknameGone

I've had exactly the same, without even posting information about other companies. I've posted twice with a detailed analysis of how much my cost of service will increase with this plan. I haven't posted anything about competitors or their plans, only honest information about my existing PM plan and how much more I'll have to pay if I stay with PM. Both were deleted within minutes. They seem okay with leaving posts of people just being angry, but will not allow posts that really detail the financial impact. I think they're hoping people won't fully appreciate what this change will cost them, and that the increase in billing from the people who stay will offset the losses from people who leave.

Stelawrat

@Elijah123 wrote:

when reviewing the new point system it has this in the fine print. does that mean we'll initially get 1 pt per month since we've been with public mobile? 

Elijah123_0-1710202147905.png

Yeah, others have asked & I'm sure there are a lot of us interested in knowing the answer, but unfortunately, we don't have one definitive one yet, or at least not one that I've seen. 

Edit: Sorry Elijah, that was a useless link & ss I posted as only references the old rewards... 🙄

This one is better in that it covers both old & new rewards programs, but highlights what others have also mentioned, that it makes no mention of that compensation shown in your ss. 

https://assets.ctfassets.net/xe7doznj0dju/5m6NPHsPnQ9G0FmwgB1qKe/0a574984c29f3a647172b43f9e550d68/Pu...

Stelawrat_0-1710207859087.png

I'm still hopeful for a one time credit though for us old timers, even if it's in points. 

Stelawrat

@public_999 because you brought it up & in the event anyone else is interested, I'm reposting this because the original is buried, gerd only knows where in these pages & hopefully, it will help people to make informed decisions. 

This is a 2nd. modified post to my original which was removed, maybe because I gave specific review numbers & included links to sources used the first time. The second time I removed all review numbers. This time, I’ve removed the resource links, so hopefully this one meets TOS.

I'm staying with PM for now & depending what happens with the promo $24 plan, if they open that to everyone, then will probably stay for good, as I've never, ever had any problems with PM.

But out of curiosity, I’ve done my homework & overall, it was a disappointing experience. Fizz Mobile seems to be the most comparable to PM, with respect to the plans & flexibility, the website navigation, ease of use & the community. Keep in mind that this is from my pov, for my plan requirements.

For the most budget friendly service providers, I started by looking at customer reviews from several sources, including Trustpilot, Reddit & the BBB. Then I looked at plans, support features if any & website navigation.

Fido Mobile: Network & Owned by Rogers: complaints re: customer service & billing issues.

Fizz Mobile: Network: Vidéotron/Rogers / Owned by Québecor: Good for internet, not as good for phones.

Freedom Mobile: Network: Vidéotron / Owned by Québecorcomplaints re: customer support & connectivity issues. Edited to correct network / ownership. Thank you to the person who pointed that out to me. Sorry I didn't note the name...

Koodo Mobile: Network & Owned by Telus: complaints re: customer support, billing & connectivity issues.

Lucky Mobile: Network & Owned by Bell: complaints overall just really bad.

PC Mobile: Network: Bell / Owned by Loblaws/Bell: complaints re: customer service, billing & connectivity issues. Note - I've edited here because originally, I could only find a few reviews, so I'd left no comments. 

For those of you who have the time & patience to do more research, these are some useful tools:

Phone Providers in Canada: How to Choose the Best | CansumerGood reference source for all providers, ownership etc.

Trustpilot Reviews

BBB

Reddit

cellphones.ca - This is the source I found with enough reviews to allow me to summarize PC Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.