cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tried porting number, now no service

danygrl17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Saray_O

Hello,  I am new to PM.  Activated my SIM card two nights ago.  At first chose a new number.  When it was activated, i chose to port my old (still active) Telus number.  Said porting was successful.  Cannot call out.  When try calling my phone, says both Telus number and one PM gave me are out of service.  Also, although Public Mobile and LTE are in top left corner of screen, i cannot use the data.  Says cellular data is turned off.  It is not.  Tried following instructions for APN change, but my phone only shows "personal hotspot" APN change, not all others.  Help please, I hate not being able to use my phone.

20 REPLIES 20

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You'll need a mod to help with failed ports or activations.

caleblee123

im actually having the same exact issue, activated my plan two days ago switching from WIND to PM and I cannot make calls or receive calls and my data does not work even thought it says LTE at the top. Tried everything you guys were talking about in the thread and did not help. I did have a profile on myphone but i deleted it and rebooted but did not fix the issue. Please update me on a solution once you guys do find out what happened.

yea, my iphone updated automatically

Rockdaddy22
You shouldn't need to input anything, it should be automatic. Maybe your plan just isn't working, you'll need to contact a mod. @Saray_O

danygrl17

iphone 6 plus 10.1.1

Rockdaddy22
What iPhone do you have on what iOS?

Rockdaddy22
I understand, the profile has to do with data. Some people have a profile they need to delete to get data on an iPhone. So that's good we've eliminated that for now.

I understand your talking about the apn.

danygrl17

i don't have PROFILE there.  The other thing I said I did was a suggestion from different discussions in how to activate the data.

Rockdaddy22

That's not what I said lol
Go to
SETTINGS
Then
GENERAL
Then
PROFILE, if you have a profile delete it. If you don't see the word Profile under General that's a good thing.

danygrl17

I went to cellular data options,  chose cellular data network, only option there is personal hotspot with APN-username-password and reset settings.  i typed in sp.mb.com in APN.  did a hard reboot and still have no data.  

danygrl17

Sorry, I'm new to this.  Having trouble navigating this website.  If you give me step by step instructions and tell me where to look, I can try what you suggested.

It would be on your iPhone! If "ceulluar data network" is not under celluar data options than something is wrong. I've never seen that before 

Rockdaddy22
On your iPhone

Settings
General
Profile, if you have a profile delete it and reboot

danygrl17

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.  On my iphone or in Self Serve?

Rockdaddy22
Did you try what I said above @danygrl17

Im still trying to figure it out myself haha. With the only issue I had i contacted them on Social Media (Facebook and Twitter). 

danygrl17

how do you contact a moderator directly, having trouble navigating this website

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I ported over from Telus too (Koodo actually). I didnt expierence an issue like this.

Did you pick a temp number before you ported your telus number?  Did you use the same e-mail you used for your Telus account. I heard that it becomes a problem when you use the same e-mail for both accounts before porting. I would contact a MOD for assisstance.

Rockdaddy22
Settings
General
Profile, if you have a profile, delete and reboot
Need Help? Let's chat.