cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to koodo offer

sicape
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I am currently willing to switch my current plan ($120 for 90 days) to a Koodo plan as my it does not allow to make call in th rest of Canada (plan is limited to call within Ontario province). is there a way to message me an offer (like the one I missed a few months back aka $40 6gb. thanks 

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sicape wrote:

Should I just call Koodo customer service directly and see what they say. I don't thing Public mobile will reconsider this offer to date. 

Too bad. I would stay with them If the Canada wide calling was included. 

@sicape unfortunately I think this would be unfruitful.  I believe these are closed migration promotional plans and the only way to get it is to be on the list.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

BTW, if switch to a Koodo offer, there is a good chance that later on you will also get a Koodo offer to upgrade.

My wife and I both got the $70 10GB medium tab offer from Koodo.  A while ago I had switched from Public to the Koodo $50 5GB medium tab offer, and my wife went from Public to the Koodo $40 5GB medium tab offer.

sicape

Should I just call Koodo customer service directly and see what they say. I don't thing Public mobile will reconsider this offer to date. 

Too bad. I would stay with them If the Canada wide calling was included. 

sicape

I did resent : "offer" to 5133. Fingers crossed. Hoping to hear from them although that promotion is now expired. 

sicape

LTE is a must. 3G sucks

srlawren

@luke11992 wrote:

As others have mentioned, I'd suggest sticking with PM as the plans now also include Canada-wide calling for no additional cost. 

@luke11992 just to clarify--only plans that include "3G" speed data component have the same cost between province-wide and canada-wide talk.  If you choose on of the full-speed LTE data options or no data, you still have to pay the extra $5/30 days or $15/90 days to upgrade from prov-wide to Canada-wide.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wetcoaster wrote:

@luke11992 wrote:

As others have mentioned, I'd suggest sticking with PM as the plans now also include Canada-wide calling for no additional cost. You can contact a mod about modifying your plan to include the Canada-wide calling.

Plan changes (future dating to your next renewal recommended so that you don't loose any remaining data of your current plan) can (and should) be done in your self serve account, no need to have it done by the moderators.

Noted Smiley Happy

@luke11992 wrote:

As others have mentioned, I'd suggest sticking with PM as the plans now also include Canada-wide calling for no additional cost. You can contact a mod about modifying your plan to include the Canada-wide calling.

Plan changes (future dating to your next renewal recommended so that you don't loose any remaining data of your current plan) can (and should) be done in your self serve account, no need to have it done by the moderators.

Also, promos are set packages (I think the OP is on the 2016 fall promo on full LTE), you can't switch them to include a different feature without letting go of the specific promo package discount.

Edit: @meocon beat me to posting the last paragraph.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@luke11992 if @sicape is on Fall promo plan Mods cannot modify anything for him, he has to purchase long distance add on or switch to new promo plan or another provider to fit his need.

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sicape wrote:

Hi. I am currently willing to switch my current plan ($120 for 90 days) to a Koodo plan as my it does not allow to make call in th rest of Canada (plan is limited to call within Ontario province). is there a way to message me an offer (like the one I missed a few months back aka $40 6gb. thanks 

The 6GB $40 plan is gone. However if you get a text from Koodo with a new offer than great.

As others mentioned Public Mobile currently has a promo for 4.5GB for $40 Canada wide on throttled LTE (what PM calls 3G but its not 3G). Same network as Koodo Canada Wide.

If you desparatly need the 6GB $40 plan check kijiji / local classifieds a few people selling them .. as always buyer beware etc.

mimmo

You can text the word offer  to see if you are eligible for any poromoions, but I don't recall the number I am sure someone will provide it. (Did a quick search and didn't see it)

Edit found it : 5153 or 5133

smp99

Hi. Unless full LTE is an absolute must, why not switch to the new PM promo, $40 (same as your current plan) for unl CdaWide calling and 4.5GB of data (3G speed). Then you would get to keep all of your loyalty and and referral credits. 

matbasm

@sicape, the Koodo offers are targetted to specific accounts.  if you did not receive the offer, you would not be eligible.

Have you seen the latest Public mobile offers?  4.5Gb (3G) + Canada wide talk + text for $40.  You can get 5.5 Gb for $45.

mimmo

The offers are targeted so if you get an offer then you are eligible.

Have you checked out PM's current 4.5gb plan for 40$

Need Help? Let's chat.