cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iCloud Verification Texts Not Receiving

iPhone_PM_User
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus, ported over from Fido a couple weeks ago.

I'm not getting Apple's iCloud verification texts to my iPhone. I've signed out of iCloud, restarted my phone, but still no dice.

ANyone else experiencing this? Are you able to receive iCloud verification texts on your iPhone? 

3 REPLIES 3

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@iPhone_PM_User

AFAIK, those codes aren't sent as texts...it's some other secure messaging path.

In Setttings - iCloud, click your name and then "Devices"...it should recognize your own phone as one of them.

Does it work after accessing that page/screen?

yougenius
I was also not getting the icloud verification texts, but that could have been related to an incomplete number port, because I wasn't receiving texts from other people either.

This is a problem if it isn't related to an incomplete port, especially for those of us who use two factor authentication on our icloud accounts for security reasons.

Zadem

Not experiencing this, not a iDevice user.  View you usage under your account, if the system received a text to send to your phone it should be tracked there.  If there is no record there the issue is between iCloud and the Public Mobile SMS system, if there is a record the issue is between your device and the Public Mobile SMS system.

May not be a ton of help, but if a PM rep gets involved to troubleshoot the more information they have starting out the quicker the resolution.

Need Help? Let's chat.