cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take for a moderator to get back to you?

Jd3232
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my phone line is down for unknow reasons there is a disconnect between what says is an active line on the internet vs a phone that says the cellular network state is disconnected, and despite requests sent in to two moderators, I've yet to recieve a response...It is a business line, i am a service person - and I can't even access my voice mai, though my account is paid...it is saying everything is long distance...Please respond. Thanks 🙂

16 REPLIES 16

guoki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I send on last Friday. Still no response 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy wrote:

This company isnt for everyone obviously.  If it doesnt work with your time and schedule, go to the ones with store and phone support.  You save a few bucks only per month.  

@MoreYummy right, and those bucks can be evaporated pretty quickly by lost revenue or customer satisfaction if you're using the line for business and issues cause you to lose service for a bit.  That said, "do as I say, not as I do", as I do indeed use my line for a mixture of personal and professional.  Most days, mostly personal, but my employer does give me a monthly amount toward my bill.  I should probably be with a first tier provider myself, come to think of it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@srlawren I belelive the other 2 third tier companies and even the reseller companies have more support options.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

This company isnt for everyone obviously.  If it doesnt work with your time and schedule, go to the ones with store and phone support.  You save a few bucks only per month.  

srlawren

@mtfolks I agree.  I know the temptation is always to save a bit of money, but you do have to understand the support model and be okay with the possibility of several hours to possibly a day or more without service.  This is probably fine for a personal line, but for business-critical communication, or if you have elderly parents that depend on being able to call you if they are ill or something, then it's probably better to stick to one of the big 3 for the ability to get on the phone, sit on hold for a bit, and then talk to someone whom can hopefully resolve the issue for you ASAP.  Or, for that matter, wander into your local Telus/Bell/Rogers dealer and ask for help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think this has come up before but my advice is if it’s a business line you really should be using a business account with a provider. It may cost more but if it’s something you use to make money with it’s probably not adviseable to go with no frills, discount residential service provider. If only for any guarantees of service that might come with a business plan. That’s my two cents. Hope all works out for you and they get it back up and running quickly. 

mimmo

@Jd3232 @Hopefully you didn't lose much business during your down time.  Glad things got working. Yes a little patience and a good additude go a long way.

Jd3232

And thank you to moderator, Shazia_k, who did reset the account from her side, and I even landed with a credit! Yes, it takes a little patience, but thank you everyone for your help! 💕🌹

Jd3232

Thank you kav2001c - I had to get off the net - my job is a manual one and couldn't stay where I was - so ya, I took the sim card and put it in my buddies phone and it worked! Just like that - so I took the stupid alcotel phone that I was using and did a factory reset to slate all the settings since just removing the sim and the battery didn't work - and voila! I had a phone Line! Thank you! All is well now! 🙂

I seem to recall Jeremy saying that you could not actually send direct messages to individual mods as a policy

mimmo

@AlexOfAnders good catch,  from what i recall howevwer,  tagging messaging a specfic moderator vs the moderator team is one in the same.  messages  all go to the same queue.  this could have changed recently, but i dont think so.  it is only if you request a secific mod in your message that it might take a couple days as the might have a day off.

AlexOfAnders
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jd3232 wrote:

my phone line is down for unknow reasons there is a disconnect between what says is an active line on the internet vs a phone that says the cellular network state is disconnected, and despite requests sent in to two moderators, I've yet to recieve a response...It is a business line, i am a service person - and I can't even access my voice mai, though my account is paid...it is saying everything is long distance...Please respond. Thanks 🙂

@Jd3232 It sounds like you sent private messages to specific moderators instead of the @CS_Agent, if so I would send a message at @CS_Agent as well as there's no guarantee on which moderators are working today. If not and you already sent your message to the team then you'll have to wait and hopefully they'll reach out to you soon.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Jd3232 While you're waiting for the moderators to respond perhaps read this post on the topic of ensuring service with any carrier: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Jd3232 did you just port in a number? (see you joined fairly recently)

Does your old SIM card still work?

Or can you test the Public SIM in a different phone?

Jd3232

thank you for your prompt response...it's just that it's costing me, you know...?I work by service calls, and don't have the ability to sit by the computer all day - my job is manual labor...But okay, thank you anyway, and happy New Year 🙂

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jd3232

The moderators are available from 9am to 9pm, and they answer private messages in the order they are received.  Be patient - they'll get to you soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.