cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change old $25/3g plan to new $21/4g plan

parisax1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, unfortunately i'm starting to lose trust with public mobile saying "delivering on our promise" and "continued loyalty". (feels like empty words)

as a longtime existing customer on old $25/3g plan who wants to change to new $21/4g plan without losing my existing phone number?

how do i proceed? (after reading community forum, CS agent helping is a coin flip)

1) do i need to buy a new sim and create a new public mobile account?
2) how do i transfer my existing phone number from old account to new account?
3) can i delete old account and reuse old email address on new account
4) any other suggestion would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

parisax1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

woohoo! will do!

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@parisax1 PM just made a $19 4G 1GB plan available for current subscribers.

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@parisax1 

I was able to transfer from the $25 3G 1GB plan to a boxing day promo new activation only $29 4G 30 GB plan about 5 months ago. In order to do this I had to satisfy two conditions: 

1. The new activation plan has to be the same price or higher than my existing plan. 

2. I had to contact a customer service agent and have them do it for me.

I am going to try and switch to the $21 4G 3GB plan.  First, I have already switched to the $15 4G 0GB plan. Now my current subscription is cheaper than the $21 plan. At the end of my current month, I am going to contact the customer service agent and ask them to switch from my $15 plan to the $21 plan. If this works, I'll try to find this thread and let you know.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @parisax1 

so, you only want the $21 (or $19 for 90 days) plan?

if you really want the $21 plan and want to keep your phon enumber, since it is for new activation only, you will have to port out your number to another carrier and port it back in PM after couple days

But maybe wait a month or two, PM will let everyone to change to your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.