cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not be renewing my plan if I cannot find a plan within $60 range for 6GB a month

Jibran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, just wanted to inform that I will not be renewing my plan if I cannot find a plan within $60 range for 6GB a month.

I currently have unlimited talk and text for 4gb a month for $45.

18 REPLIES 18

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Screenshot_20180305-075411.png

Where were you last December ? 😃

Wonder_why

Screenshot_20180305-075411.png

Where were you last December  ? 😃

Jibran

Finally it's working after restarting my phone!

Jibran

This is unbelievable. I STILL can't get data even though I started my new plan between billing cycles. Is there anyway I can get data on my phone??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jibran, at least you are up-and-running now. However, I do recommend you send a private message to the moderator team explaining the problem you had buying/activating your data add-on.  They might be able to do something.  Doesn't hurt to try.

Click here to send them a private message.

Jibran

I tried that, and it only added another $30 to my available balance when I purchased data. That's fine, I switched plans for 4gb+2gb bonus on 3G network just now. As a customer I feel very dissatisfied in terms of my experience. I would be shopping around at the moment if I wasn't so busy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jibran, Adding an add-on to a package is a two step process.  First you need to add the funds to your account, and then actually use those funds to buy the add-on.  Do you currently see $60 as available funds in your self service portal?

If so, you should be able to buy the add-on with those funds.

Jibran

Can you provide me a reason as to why I can't activate the data I purchased (twice) today? Or am I not following proper procedures to activate it?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Another option if you runout of data is to ask the mods to renew your plan early.

Jibran

Thank you, I will be exploring this option going forward. 
My plan ran out of data, and I purchased 1 GB TWICE by accident, incurring a charge of $60* and I still can't activate my data add on for some reason, it's not working. This is a known client irritant I'd assume.

@kav2001cwrote:

I think OP is intending to port out for in market promos 

My suspicion was a negotiation attempt meant to provoke a better deal, lol.  Can't blame a guy for trying to do on PM Community forum what customers are "expected" to try when confronting wireless sales reps face-to-face.

@will13am

The way things have been going, Koodo might just start up a 7GB promo wave to scrape up any holdouts who've still rejected the latest 6GB promo wave offer, lol.  Or they might not.  Judgement and timing in holdout situations is always tricky, but the final offer is always the one that defines the bottom line the buyer/seller is willing to accept before simply walking away and halting further negotiation.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Since migration to Koodo is favored these days, I believe Koodo's $60 for 6 gig deal ends tomorrow.  The competition have the same offer.  These are BYOD plans and so no hardware options if that matters. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

I think OP is intending to port out for in market promos

torontokris

@Jibranwrote:

Hello, just wanted to inform that I will not be renewing my plan if I cannot find a plan within $60 range for 6GB a month.

As @Korth mentioned

90-day, Unlimited Province-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text, 12+6GB "3G" Data = $150 = $50/30 days for 6GB at 3G speed which is LTE capped to 3MBPS. 

@Jibran, you can get 18GB for $144 (with autopay discount) for 90 days.  Isn't that good enough?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile's current promo plans (and "build your own" plans)

30-day, Unlimited Province-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text, 4+2GB "3G" Data = $52

30-day, Unlimited Province-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text, 5GB 4G Data = $62

90-day, Unlimited Province-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text, 12+6GB "3G" Data = $150

90-day, Unlimited Province-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text, 15GB 4G Data = $180

AutoPay Reward saves you $2 every 30-days or $6 every 90-days.

Other Rewards can save you more, when you qualify for them.

No 6GB options, aside for buying Data Add-ons ($30 for 1GB).

Good luck finding anything better from a non-PM carrier, though.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Jibranwrote:

Hm... Not sure what this is about? Public Mobile doesn't have a retention department - what you see on the website is what you have available as in-market plans.

There is a 6GB / 30 days plan (LTE light / 3G speed, which is what you have right now if I'm not mistaken?):

Screenshot-2018-3-4-Plans.jpg

You can go into your self serve account and do a future dated plan change so that the system is taking care of it on your renewal (assuming you have auto pay enabled it's just charging the new amount [+tax] to your credit card... if you top up with vouchers make sure that you have enough funds available for your new plan.

If you choose not to change to the plan above and want to stop renewal make sure that you turn auto pay off and delete your credit card information in your self serve account before your renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.