cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does another phone get Cerberus texts when ...

In4Lb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Curious, why do my friend's phone number as well as my phone & my alternate phone number ALL receive a bunch of Cerberus messages about Cerberus being unable to find my device location + a bunch of numbers related to my port? This happened as well when I initially activated my PM phone account. I can understand my alternate phone number receiving such notifications but I don't think my friend's phone # is connected to mine in any way, so therefore shouldn't be receiving these messages every time I make changes to MY account.  ???

3 REPLIES 3

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you are welcome....

cheers

In4Lb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@jheili99 Ah, yes, that seems to make more sense now. I forgot I had that app installed a long time ago and forgot all about it. I guess I might have put my friend's # on file when I set it up. Thanks for the clarifiaction.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

according to the internet and a quick read, cerebus is an androind anti-theft feature which can be disabled...just google "cerebus text messages" ..that's what i did... if you use samsung phones you probably have "knox" enabled which would send warning to all phone numbers on file if a sim card was changed........

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.