cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's App not receiving emails

elhota1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I was on Virgin Mobile, I had What's App installed on my phone and was using it daily.  After I signed on with Public Mobile, I have not been receiving any of the emails that had been sent to me.  What happened?

9 REPLIES 9

@slash407 wrote:

do u have whats app on ur current phone, u can transfer content to it, u could have also moved everything when u were instaling whatsapp on ur new phone. It gives u the option when to do so. 

I'm not sure if this is a different phone, or if it's the same one that has always been used by the person for Whatsapp, in which case, not receiving messages would indicate an internet connection issue (unless the app was reset/contents cleared).  I do not know how the Whatsapp code is programmed, but it is also not entirely impossible that it could force the user to go through the phone number verification process any time the software detects a different sim card number.

Let's assume that it is a different phone than before.  There isn't anything that can be transfered or automatically restored to get Whatsapp working.  The user would have to run the Whatsapp phone number verififcation techniques.  If that's the case, my guess would be the number porting may not have completed, meaning that the code cannot be sent to the phone.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@elhota1 wrote:

Just an update on my previous post -  I am using the same number as the one I had with Virgin Mobile.   

What do you mean? Whatsapp is not an email app.

@cavemantoronto I was going to point this out but figured it was pretty obvious that @Tiprix is talking about receiving IM's through WhatsApp, not emails.  To some people, everything online is an email.  (I have to correct people usually once or twice a week that talk about emailing the moderator team for help, when of course they mean commuity private message, for another example.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@elhota1 wrote:

Just an update on my previous post -  I am using the same number as the one I had with Virgin Mobile.   

What do you mean? Whatsapp is not an email app.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elhota1 wrote:

@elhota1 I will suggest that you uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp. But you need to backup your conversation beforehand. You can select the 3 vertical dots (top of the app, next to search icon) on your WhatsApp and go to settings. Then select "Chats" and select "Chat backup".

Or you can have a WhatsApp in your desktop installed. You sign in by selecting the 3 vertical dots and select "WhatsApp Web", you scan the 2D code for sign in. You will see if you received what you are expecting. 

elhota1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elhota1 wrote:

When I was on Virgin Mobile, I had What's App installed on my phone and was using it daily.  After I signed on with Public Mobile, I have not been receiving any of the emails that had been sent to me.  What happened?

@elhota1 As long as you have the same phone number, your WhatsApp won't change anything. If you have changed your number, you need to update in WhatsApp.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When it comes to whatsapp messages. Make sure you have the phone number listed in the app itself.  If you got a new number, the new number might not have been registered. In whatsapp, go under settings, account, and change number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@elhota1 wrote:

Cell data or wifi data?

If you have no data in your plan then you would have to use wifi data.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@elhota1 wrote:

Don't know if this will help, but...delete the old What'sApp and reinstall a new one. Maybe that might fix....I dunno. Good luck and welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.