cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U. S. Data roaming purchased but not working

buttonholes111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello mods,

Could you help with sorting out my issue with u. S. Data roaming? I did the add in via the website and paid for it. I see the addon on my account and have turned on data roaming on my phone. But after a few hours i still dont have data. Im currently travelling in tge states and need this servixe as soon as possible!

Thank you!!
2 REPLIES 2

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@buttonholes111 as @SD08 mentioned, it's a two-step process; however, if you see the add-on on your account, then you've successfully completed the second step already.  So I don't think that's the issue.

Try a reboot as suggested, and if that doesn't fix it, go into your network settings on your phone and turn off automatic network selection.  The phone will scan for some time (can take 60+ seconds) and then come back with a list of available networks.  Choose either T-Mobile or AT&T and then test if your data is working.  If that doesn't work, repeat the scan and try choosing the other of those two and see if that works.  Some phones work fine on auto selection, while some seem to need manual network selection while roaming in the USA.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Normally, buying an add-on is a two step process (first "purchase" merely adds funds, second purchase actually buys add-on with those funds).  However, you say you see the add-on in your account already, so the next thing is...

Have you tried removing/reinserting SIM, then rebooting your phone?

If that doesn't work, then you should send a private message to a moderator for help with this.  How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.