cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to activate account

Rob63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when trying to activate account my phone number is not being recognized as Canadian Why?

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rob63 If your number is portable/transferrable by checking it in @softech 's link provided, then is this a number coming over from Koodo?

I thought some other customers had this message when they were trying to port over from Koodo to Public.

NOTE - Porting from Koodo:

If your switching from Koodo postpaid your can port-in your number during sim activation. Just have your Koodo account number, name on the Koodo account and Koodo number ready and enter it when choosing your number.

If it's Koodo prepaid then you can click this link (can be used for postpaid if want to get in contact with customer support) and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Customer Support Agent (CSA). Include the Koodo info above.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rob63   

First any chance you got an error in the activation and you re-attempt a second time?  If so, your first attempt could have a porting request submitted and hung and caused the error

Or , also check if your number is eligible to be ported into PM

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

@Rob63 wrote:

when trying to activate account my phone number is not being recognized as Canadian Why?

When poritng in a phone number, that error message doesn't necessarily mean that the phone number isn't Canadian.  The system will give that error message if the check of the phone number fails for any reason.  Which city is the phone number from?  Only phones numbers from a city that Pubic Mobile also offers phones numbers for can be ported in here.

Need Help? Let's chat.