cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Koodo offer again with more data

hardywang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

After most people received offer to switch to Koodo's 2GB/$45 plan I got another one

Switch to a monthly rate plan with Koodo and get 4GB of data for $45 per month. That's an extra 2GB of data for the same monthly rate plan price you are paying today! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab!  ALSO receive $100 in bill credits! Redeem online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service and input promo code AAAABBBBAAAA. Your validation code is your phone number. Offer ends February 28, 2018.

Is there any trick there?

31 REPLIES 31

Actually the offer and how to apply is not clear at all @hardywang

Go to bring your own phone

Select SIM card

Apply promo code 

THEN select plan (it will let you select correct one)

If you select plan before it shows wrong plan which is weird

That's why I was asking you earlier about the credit check

It was advised to me that doing it this way will bypass the credit check since we were somehow pre-approved for the offer code

(which also could be another reason why some get codes and some do not)

hardywang

@kentnleungwrote:

once code is accepted, go back to plan selection. a new, never before seen plan will be shown, its the 40/4gb plan for $40.

That is a tricky move! Thanks for the head up. But I don't see I can also apply free SIM promo code.

kentnleung

@hardywangwrote:

Is it a real thing? After I applied the promo code I still have to pay $65/month??

1.png

@hardywang

once code is accepted, go back to plan selection. a new, never before seen plan will be shown, its the 40/4gb plan for $40.

hardywang

Is it a real thing? After I applied the promo code I still have to pay $65/month??

1.png

kentnleung

@hardywangwrote:

@stallaepwrote:

I looked into the Koodo offer as well after receiving messages that my 4FB for $40 was going to go up to $50 per month.  I understand that PM has since postponed that rate hike, but made it clear that the hike is coming.

Do you mean PM will hike to price or Koodo will do it?

no official word on what PM might do after the latest mess on the retracted rate hike but read between the lines on the message.

PM may be hiking it down the line, with some better planning and communications. or they may never hike the rate, who knows.

cayyc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for replying. So are you able to switch 2 numbers between 2 PM sim cards.

Thanks.

hardywang

@stallaepwrote:

I looked into the Koodo offer as well after receiving messages that my 4FB for $40 was going to go up to $50 per month.  I understand that PM has since postponed that rate hike, but made it clear that the hike is coming.

Do you mean PM will hike to price or Koodo will do it?

kentnleung

@stallaepwrote:

I also just renewed my subscription only 2 weeks ago, and was told that neither PM or Koodo would offer a credit or refund for the 2½ months of service I would be abandoning.

That pretty much nullifies the $100 bill credit...

My question is, why can't Telus honour the credit already paid for?  It's still the same company getting the money...?  Or at least extend the offer to switch to Koodo until a point closer to when my current PM plan would renew.  I was told the current deal with Koodo is only guaranteed until March 15th.  May 15th would be fairer!  Come one guys!

On an accounting basis, with everyone having different renewal dates thet cant possibly implement an official end date if it goes by everyones renewal date.

Itll be like a never ending deal which is not what thet want with these 'limited time offer deals'

stallaep
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I also just renewed my subscription only 2 weeks ago, and was told that neither PM or Koodo would offer a credit or refund for the 2½ months of service I would be abandoning.

That pretty much nullifies the $100 bill credit...

My question is, why can't Telus honour the credit already paid for?  It's still the same company getting the money...?  Or at least extend the offer to switch to Koodo until a point closer to when my current PM plan would renew.  I was told the current deal with Koodo is only guaranteed until March 15th.  May 15th would be fairer!  Come one guys!

kentnleung

hardywang

@Acekillerwrote:

what's the plan that you have with PM?

6GB, unlimited Canada talk, 3 months

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

what's the plan that you have with PM?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001cwrote:

@torontokris because you are posting in wrong thread about the other plan

The OP in this thread is discussing the $45 plan for non 12GB Public clients

Hence the read comment

S ignore the jealous ones cause you gonna get some when they see this thread as well

@kav2001c Your absolutely right its in the wrong thread... And I guess your snark comments about jealous people relate to this $45 plan as well?

Watoko

@torontokriswrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

@torontokris lol yes it is posted again read above

He blocked out his code because he was not sure if general code or specific to him

*Read*

I did read and your Round 4 thread is about a alleged 4GB $60 thread which you still have not provided any evidence for. I have *read* all 12 pages in your thread and dont see any. So stop making snarky comments telling me to read, and saying im jealous etc.

#*evidence* 

#*proof*

I agree, still no hard evidence of $60/4GB except for anecdotal experience, however that was not the point. I mainly directed him to this thread to provide evidence that there has been a series of targeted offers to select customers, namely the 4GB/$45 relating to the OP, thus legitimizing his text message he got.

Perhaps I should have specified, but relax boys!

@torontokris because you are posting in wrong thread about the other plan

The OP in this thread is discussing the $45 plan for non 12GB Public clients

Hence the read comment

@hardywang I feel its easier to not pay in store yes

Otherwise call Koodo after activation to try get refund

But they do not like doing this from what I have seen/heard

torontokris

@hardywangwrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

Also you can get free SIM but they do not like to give

Does it mean I have to negotiate with koodo to get a free SIM?

Yes.. there was never a promise of a free sim. So negotiate use the sim code PM-SIM-0

hardywang

@kav2001cwrote:

Does it mean I have to negotiate with koodo to get a free SIM?

torontokris

@kav2001cwrote:

He blocked out his code because he was not sure if general code or specific to him

*Read*

I did read and your Round 4 thread is about a alleged 4GB $60 thread which you still have not provided any evidence for. I have *read* all 12 pages in your thread and dont see any. So stop making snarky comments telling me to read, and saying im jealous etc.

#*evidence* 

#*proof*

@hardywang Koodo gives a bill credit to try and offset lost balance

torontokris

@hardywangwrote:

@Watokowrote:

Known targeted offer. See here for more detail:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Round-4-Has-Begun/td-p/222884

I am still reading through the 12-page discussions. My next payment to PM is in another 2 months, if I switch now what about the portion of service I haven't used yet? Will PM refund me?

NO, you will not get a refund. So calculate and choose wisely. Koodo *may* have a $100 bill rebate to help you with the switch (some plans do some dont). Ask Koodo before switching

torontokris

@Watokowrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Round-4-Has-Begun/td-p/222884

That code was not known, that code this OP posted was not in that thread.. 

*Read*

torontokris

@Watokowrote:

That code was not known, that code this OP posted was not in that thread.. 

hardywang

@kav2001cwrote:

Ah k

Did they say anything about bypass the credit check or?

I haven't read anywhere about credit check yet. Do you mean from koodo site?

Ah k

Did they say anything about bypass the credit check or?

hardywang

@kav2001cwrote:

@hardywang I  had already posted in other thread the 4GB offer is valid for Public clients NOT on the $120 plans, but is that the actual code they sent?

I only saw the GOKOODOR454 one? (which was given to the 6GB/90 day plans)

PS ignore the jealous ones cause you gonna get some when they see this thread as well

Oh, that code is not real since I don't know it is customized code or general code 🙂

hardywang

@Watokowrote:

I am still reading through the 12-page discussions. My next payment to PM is in another 2 months, if I switch now what about the portion of service I haven't used yet? Will PM refund me?

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@hardywang I  had already posted in other thread the 4GB offer is valid for Public clients NOT on the $120 plans, but is that the actual code they sent?

I only saw the GOKOODOR454 one? (which was given to the 6GB/90 day plans)

PS ignore the jealous ones cause you gonna get some when they see this thread as well

@hardywangwrote:

After most people received offer to switch to Koodo's 2GB/$45 plan I got another one

Switch to a monthly rate plan with Koodo and get 4GB of data for $45 per month. That's an extra 2GB of data for the same monthly rate plan price you are paying today! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab!  ALSO receive $100 in bill credits! Redeem online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service and input promo code AAAABBBBAAAA. Your validation code is your phone number. Offer ends February 28, 2018.

Is there any trick there?

Watoko
Need Help? Let's chat.