cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange eSIM and Number Transfer issue. Please help...

mariyakotenko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today I decided to take advantage of a public mobile deal and sign up with their services. I got an esim (my iphone supports it). Paid. Followed all the prompts about number transfer from my old provider (chatr) to public mobile. It was successful.

Then I get an error message saying "Unable to Activate eSIM. your eSIM could not be activated. Contact Public Mobile for assistance". I tried activating the eSIM a few more times with the QR code, got another error saying the same thing.

I began to search for a number to call public mobile. This is when I found out that public mobile deals with their customers' issues by chatbot and forum questions. Now I understood what the catch was with the low price and knew I was in no way up for this.

Yes, this is on me for not checking in advance.

I decided to forget about public mobile and revert to my old provider chatr. I called them, saying I want to reverse the number transfer and stick to their services. They told me I have to get a new physical SIM and my number should be activated. This is not what the rep at the store said. She told me if I want immediate phone service and data, to get a new SIM and open a new account with them, then later contact PM to port my number that is now theirs, back to chatr. 

I try to transfer my number that is now with PM to my new chatr account (which is an active serviced account), says "Phone number not eligible for port.

This is all so disappointing and I've learned my lesson full force.

I really hoped to keep my phone number, which I hope I can still do??? 

My point is:

- I don't want to stick with PM

- I want to get my number, that is now with PM, back to me with my new chatr account.  

How do I do this?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mariyakotenko - Please contact CS_Agent for assistance.

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Need Help? Let's chat.