cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some texts not received with new Nokia 7.1 Android 9.0

fractureproof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Upon transferring my SIM card to new phone, it connects to P.M. fine and calls all fine. I receive SMS texts from family with iPhone, not sure about Android. Most critically I don't receive any texts from online "text tester" or 2-factor authentication challenge codes.

I've checked my P.M. usage history, and thoses non-delivered messages don't appear.

My old phone was a Sony Xperia and had no problem... I've looked through every setting and can't find anything.

4 REPLIES 4

fractureproof

Tried that... but my old phone used microsim & this nano.. I had successfully put the pieces back together.. but then the frame got stuck in old phone and broke.. now can't seem to get card recognized trying to fit it back in...

New detail: I just installed contacts+ and let it override my default messenger. The last text I tried, worked! Hmm... I don't really like contacts+ though 😞 I will test a few more sites then try setting default messenger back / uninstall contacts+ and see if still works..

@fractureproofIf you go back to your old phone and try those numbers would they show up on your usage logs? Just trying to figure out is it Public's fault or your phone.

fractureproof

Not sure, but I've tried many and have gotten things like 2-factor auth codes on my old phone

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Do you have the originating # of the services? As the Terms of Service #3: Includes text and picture messaging. Premium and subscription-based messaging, to and from non-Canadian numbers, are not included

Need Help? Let's chat.