cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card

ckeag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I just bought a SIM card tonight from Wal-Mart, but I am unable to activate it due to an error saying "the sim card # does not belong to a valid public mobile subscriber. I've checked and re-checked and the number is right, but says it is invalid. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@NDesai Weird so much for online only platform they originally intended to be. I have edited my post to reflect this. 

@twest666wrote:

@Luddite I don't think that is possible to activate a plan in store. I don't believe any store/phone place has access to activate PM accounts. 

Yes, they are allowed. Have a look into the new promo launch announcement

"$0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store at one of our retail partner locations"

Plus, some users have reported that some walmart do not let them buy sim only. I think they have the same activation portal as anyone else using the browser. 

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ckeag Did you by chance try to activate it once and it didn't succeed for whatever reason and now you are trying to activate it again? In any regard you should contact a moderator about the matter it might of been already activated by someone or just not properly registered when purchased from the store.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PIN, phone number, and your situation.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Did you

a) purchase just the SIM and are trying to activate it, or

b) purchase a SIM with a plan and activate it at Walmart?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.