cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Serve Unable to Verify Credit Card

tchu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@moderatorname account is "unable to verify" my credit card. can't make payment. 

27 REPLIES 27

tchu

Did that today and received confirmation that apparently my VISA info was entered incorrectly multiple times and now there's a hold on that card. A ticket was submitted on my behalf and should be sorted in 48 business hours. In the mean time I've got my voucher. Just waiting on the site maintenance... ༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@tchu When did you private message a mod?

did someone get back to you saying that they are looking into it?

tchu

Thanks everyone! I've tried the suggestions and nothing's worked so far. Currently waiting to hear back from a moderator. Appreciate the recommendations and guidance!

@Someone_here

Indeed we are all friends here !!!!!

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

received_1646935658667340.gif

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

We are all friends in the community aren't we?

@Samianauman wrote:
Lol I said friend (If thry are lucky) and family ( they wish) lol

Can you fault me for trying? 

Lol I said friend (If thry are lucky) and family ( they wish) lol

@Samianauman wrote:
Here's a way lets say I activate a line under my name with autopay under my credit card then all i have to do give my wife or parents the sim card with phone and I will look after payments

Hey @Samianauman, if I private message you my address, will you send me a paid up SIM card?  Thanks in advance if you do.  Smiley Happy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The credit card companies do cross checking, at least visa does it.  When I had issues with initial account setup, I called visa to ask them whether they were blocking the transaction.  They said yes because the information being forwarded to them by Public Mobile did not match what they had on file and so they reject the transaction.  Of course it was one of numerous payment bugs in the system that resulted in wrong credentials being sent to visa.  I had to fall back to using the mastercard.  Eventually, I was able to switch back to visa.

Lol I know

@Samianauman wrote:
@Someone_here
Maybe a system glitch lol

System glitch? What u talkg about? Never heard such a thng! 😉

@Someone_here
Maybe a system glitch lol

@NDesai wrote:

@Someone_here If legacy system was no different, they probably cross check with the cc issuer. From the insight, i once heard that they do match the address to verify the payment method. 

Maybe they do, but in my case my PM legacy account had address 1 and was paid by vouchers; then I added my credit card (address 2) on autopay for more than a year and everything worked well; then I removed autopay and continued to pay once in a while with same credit card on file; then switched today to the new plan and payment was still taken from that same credit card...

Maybe it is because I never removed my card from file and therefore it never had to be "reapproved"...

@NDesai
Exactly that's my point too now days everything have to matched up since all these scam going on if u have a account and credit card payment have to be same as well even if u use PayPal Amazon or eBay thry all required billing address match up with credit card but u can ship to other address because whatever you buying can be for yourself or friends and family

@Someone_here If legacy system was no different, they probably cross check with the cc issuer. From the insight, i once heard that they do match the address to verify the payment method. 

I have edited my previous post, give it a look...
I guess you should put the same addresses only as a way to try to make things working if they don't otherwise...

Here's a way lets say I activate a line under my name with autopay under my credit card then all i have to do give my wife or parents the sim card with phone and I will look after payments

But what if you are paying for someone like your old parents and their address is different than yours?

should you just put your own address in the account details to make it match?

Most of them do cross check agreed on that

Hmm, interesting. Thanks. 

@Mana wrote:

I don't think any company or payment module cross checks it. 

Actually many companies are doing it as a security mesure, especially the ones delevering stuff over the internet.

Some reading here:

However I don't know if Public Mobile is doing it, just assume writing the same address couldn't hurt for anybody having problems with credit cards...

EDIT @Mana @NDesai: Actually, I know for sure that in my account, for at least one year, my credit card was on autopay and the addresses were completely different, including the post code. Hum...

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for your reply. 

I think the issue related to entering the postal code properly when adding a credit card to account, sounds like a required formatting issue on the PM site and not due to cross checking the postal code entered on PM site vs credit card company. 

I don't think any company or payment module cross checks it. 

@Mana wrote:

Why does the address matter?

I don't think PM or credit card company would cross check the address. 

Does anyone have correct steps to make a payment correctly without any issues ?

I think they do cross check the address. I remember one user reporting the issue he was having with adding cc to his account. He said that the mistake was that he inserted his postal code with space. When he tried again without space, it worked. This kind of details sometimes lead you to errors but the system doesn't specify. I suggest those having issues with the payment, use vouchers from local stores until the problem is fixed. 

Why does the address matter?

I don't think PM or credit card company would cross check the address. 

Does anyone have correct steps to make a payment correctly without any issues ?

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

@tchu

It's looks like a system glitch try a different browser and if still doesn't work then  send a msg to mod they will look after you 

Here's how to contact mod 

Contact mod dept they will help you with the process

In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:

* PM account email address 

* PM phone number

* Detailed explanation

* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi @tchu

• Make sure you write your name exactly as on your credit card and you use the same address in your Public Mobile account than in your credit card account.
  • You can also try to use a different browser or to use private mode on your browser.

If nothing works, you'll need the assistance of a moderator to check this for you.

I suggest you send them a private message. Be sure to include your phone number as well as a description of your problem. Click here to know how contact them. They are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm and Friday-Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm (eastern time).

I hope your problem will be solved quickly 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.