cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card and account won't work

MarkHo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just actiaved a SIM card, port a number, selected a 90 days plan and paid. At the end the system returned with an error.

So far credit card confirmed charged, I can't login with my email even though I received numerious confirmation email. The SIM card is not activated either.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

MarkHo

@Mary_M

It is all good now.

Thanks 

Mary

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @MarkHo,

thank you for raising concern with us !

I have sent you a private message with a few more details - everything should now be functional 🙂

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@MarkHo wrote:

I am started to suspect it is something to do with Freedom Mobile port to Public Mobile 4GB/month promo because the mumber that I am transferring meets all the requirements. Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow.

@MarkHo, not at all.  The sign up process for this promotion is the normal sign up process.  Based on the fine print, the back office will make a manual adjustment to give you extra data after a scuccessful activation.  That said, the self serve portal is rather fragile.  There are no mulligans when doing the activation.  The tiniest glitch and you are stuck.  As an ex-Wind customer, I can tell you that the activation and porting process is super smooth and fast when all the proper entries are made.  One of the biggest pitfalls is entering the account number with dashes on the porting screen.  The system only accepts the letters and numbers without any separators.  There is no need to enter anything in the IMEI and PIN fields.

The moderators are very good at what they do.  Send the private message and they should be all over it first thing in the morning. 

MarkHo

I am started to suspect it is something to do with Freedom Mobile port to Public Mobile 4GB/month promo because the mumber that I am transferring meets all the requirements. Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi @MarkHo sorry to hear about your trouble. 

As @SD08 has mentioned, this is something that you will need a mod's help to get resolved. 

Right now, there's no mod online. Please send a private message to a mod in the morning following @SD08 instructions. 

Thanks. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Since your card has been charged and you have no service, it looks like you've encountered an activation error.  For help with this, you should send a private message to a moderator. How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address
and if porting a number, the phone number you're porting, your account number with your previous carrier, and the authorized name exactly as it appears on that account.

Need Help? Let's chat.