cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend credit

kovus9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I just signed up with a public moblie yesterday. When I sign up a walmart rep who helped me didn't get me a referral credit, sayimg I will be able to get it on selfserve online. I tried to find such a function on the web but couldn't find. Can someone help me with getting a referral credit?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WSpy wrote:

I had a related question. Maybe someone knows the answer. I did get to register the refer a friend number during activation, and I did get the 25$ reward pooled into my Available Funds. However, even though the Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1/month) reward is shown below, it is not also included in my available funds. Do I have to wait a month, or should this be applied immediately as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

There are specific keywords in use here. That $25 was a credit. The $1 is a reward. The credits appear in your account as available funds. The rewards are taken off your total-owing at renewal time that results in less overall cost to you.

@WSpy wrote:

I had a related question. Maybe someone knows the answer. I did get to register the refer a friend number during activation, and I did get the 25$ reward pooled into my Available Funds. However, even though the Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1/month) reward is shown below, it is not also included in my available funds. Do I have to wait a month, or should this be applied immediately as well?

Yes, you need to wait until the next renewal to see that $1/30 day.  If you look at the rewards tab, you will see the referral reward as "pending".  The rewards tab does provide an estimate of what renewal would cost assuming rewards do not change.  It is possible that referral leave before renewal takes place. 

WSpy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kovus9, you are in luck.  There was a recent policy change to allow customers to request referrals to be added outside of initial activation.  The moderator team has to do this as customers only have access to inputing a referral number during initial activation.  I won't repeat how to contact the moderator team since that has already been provided by other forum members. 

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think they've started fixing the referral errors and that they'll apply it back to your account should you contact a moderator.  I've received a referral credit before from someone I referred even when it didn't work during activation so it should work for you too.  They just started doing so a while back...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kovus9

As stated above, you need to put in your friend referral phone number on activation.  That would give you $10 credit.  If you signed up at Walmart instore, you should still get the $25 credit that is being offered at Walmart and London drugs. 

Since it was an error on Walmart's part, you could contact moderator to see whether they can credit your account with your friend's referral number.  YMMV.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kovus9 wrote:

Hello I just signed up with a public moblie yesterday. When I sign up a walmart rep who helped me didn't get me a referral credit, sayimg I will be able to get it on selfserve online. I tried to find such a function on the web but couldn't find. Can someone help me with getting a referral credit?

I think Walmart rep was confused with the Koodo referral which is done before and after activation with the new Koodo phone number.

PM referral phone number must be entered during activation.  It is too late now to get the PM referral credit after your activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kovus9, The $25 referral credit is only available when you do the activation online (yourself).  Activations done at retail locations are not eligible for this promotion.

Need Help? Let's chat.