cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: no incoming call

ChenleiSu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transferred my fido number to pm two days ago. But can't get incoming calls. the incoming call went to my old fido card. however, I can make phone call and receive text msg. LTE works. do you have an idea how to fix that? Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's awesome news Brad, thanks for the update 🙂

3rad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Update. Problem solved. Due to an error on my part in the sign up I believe, my phone did not port correctly. I could call and text but not receive calls or texts. My data worked fine and all my iMessages and emails came and went fine. The solution was to email a moderator directly with my phone number and sim card number. I was directed to give them the IMEI of the phone I had been using with my previous carrier. They took that and re-ported. In about 2 hours I received a text from PM confirming activation. I then rebooted the phone and was back in business. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Brad Smiley Very Happy

Rockdaddy22
When attempting a port I recommend only using the account number, less chance of an error. That's good that you contacted a mod, they should be able to fix you up pretty quick.

Hi @3rad,

I think they would need your Public Mobile SIM card number and your phone number. I don't think they can do anything with your IMEI other than telling you your phone is not declared stolen...

3rad

I must have made a mistake on my bell acount number or pin. I've given the mod. my IMEI. Now I cross my fingers. lol

Rockdaddy22
That's wonderful advice 🙂

Please keep us updated on your progress

Hi @3rad!

If you haven't done it yet, I suggest you send the moderators a private message (Jeremy is not a moderator). Be sure to include your porting phone number and/or SIM card number as well as a detailed description of your problem. Click here to know how contact them. They are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm and Friday-Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm (eastern time). They usually respond pretty fast to help requests!

I hope your problem will be solved quickly 🙂

3rad

@Jeremy_M I activataed my phone yesterday morning and I was not gatting calls or texts. I thought I'd leave it a day to see if it would sort it self out. No luck. If someone has the time to help me out I'd sure apprieciate it. Thank you

Rockdaddy22
Please update us here when it's all taken care of, it'll be well worth the wait 🙂

Since it's been 2 days, the port is unlikely to fnish on its own, and only a moderator can get this fixed for you.  Double check your Fido account number because a moderator will be asking for that.  In the meanwhile, I would continue using your Fido sim card so that you don't miss any calls and texts sent to you.

Just a note until port process get completed don't cancel your old plan it will get closed once your process get completed older plan or line have to be an active form to port over
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

srlawren

@ChenleiSu I agree with @WearySky and your best bet is to private message a moderator for assistance.  

FYI I moved your question to a new thread, since you'd replied to a very old one.  This should give your thread more visibility.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ChenleiSu wrote:

I just transferred my fido number to pm two days ago. But can't get incoming calls. the incoming call went to my old fido card. however, I can make phone call and receive text msg. LTE works. do you have an idea how to fix that? Thank you

@ChenleiSu sounds like you have a stalled port.  Send a note to one of the mods (like, say, @Mary_M, but it ddoesn't matter which one as they'll all see it) with your PM phone number, Fido number, and any other account information and they should be able to help you out pretty quick.

Need Help? Let's chat.