cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Props to Public Mobile.

eljayottawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I moved over to PM ($39 for 60GB, Canada-US) from Koodo a week ago and, so far, my experience has been great: The set-up and transfer process was pretty straightforward overall; I was able immediately to reserve a better plan ($40 for 75GB, Canada-US) effective my renewal date a month away; I received a $10 credit toward my next bill (for using a referral code I found online); and connectivity is no different from / as good as with Koodo (no surprise there).

I'll be in the U.S. next month so - fingers crossed - that'll go smoothly, too.

Thanks, PM!  🙂👍

5 REPLIES 5

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome.  I brought my family over from Koodo on Black Friday.  

eljayottawa

Thanks for the input.  I've roamed with my phone in both the U.S. and Mexico when I was with Koodo and never had any issues, so I'm pretty confident that I'll be OK with PM.  But I have been reading up on troubleshooting steps just in case.  🙂

@eljayottawa 

in preparation for your journey to US, make sure your phone is volte enabled by PM...if not your calls will be on the 2G network in US as they've shut down their 3G for calling. If you're unsure, let us know which cellphone you're going with and we can provide further guidance.

eljayottawa

Will do.  🙂

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great to hear that. When you are in the United States then make sure roaming is on you connect to AT&T or T-Mobile.

If you have any problems you can’t solve you can always ask here.

Need Help? Let's chat.