cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from WIND with multiple numbers

jamesgerrick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I plan on porting a number I have from a WIND Mobile account, but that account has multiple numbers attached to it. I was wondering if porting one number would close the entire account. 

4 REPLIES 4

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had 1 account with 4 lines at Wind.  I successfully ported 1 line to Public Mobile.  The 3 remaining at Wind were not affected in any way.  (all lines shared the same account number).

fktw2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@jamesgerrick wrote:

Hello, I plan on porting a number I have from a WIND Mobile account, but that account has multiple numbers attached to it. I was wondering if porting one number would close the entire account. 

@jamesgerrick, how were you able to have multiple numbers attached to the same account?  I had 3 lines on wind and each line had 1 account number, although I see all 3 lines when I log in.  You find your acct # to the left of your phone number once you log into Wind.

...but in saying that, account ownership doesn't change. What I mean is that the person who originally set up the account, and added the additional numbers (I'm assumming you), their name will remain on the account despite whatever order you port them away in. This is because if there's an amount owing that doesn't get paid, someone needs to be on the hook (the account holder).

Just a note as well... when porting numbers, make sure you're including the authorized name for each phone number, not just for the account. If you had 4 numbers, don't put your name as the authorized person for each one, as I'm pretty sure your ports would fail that way.

You were probably already going to do this, but figured I'd mention it anyway! Robot Embarassed

Good luck with the porting!

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your Wind account will not close as long as there is a number associated with it (any phone number). Only if you port out all of the Wind phone numbers/lines will the account close.

Need Help? Let's chat.