cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Chatr to Public Mobile

KW2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am trying to port from Chatr to Public Mobile.... This is the sequence of events:

(1) I initiated my service and the porting process via the Public Mobile App. I entered the IMEI number , selected Chatr as my service provider , and my current phone number .

(2) A minute later, I received a SMS from Chatr. Asking me to approve the request. I then replied YES.

(3) A minute later, I received a SMS from Public Mobile:

Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided. You can also get in touch via our virtual assistant at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

(4) When I clicked the link to "https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat", I got a 502 ERROR.

(5) I am stuck now, please help!!! Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Olena18

Good day!

I have exactly the same issue with porting my number from Chatr to Public Mobile

Could you please send me the porting team number as well?

Thank you!

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad you got it sorted.  I used the IMEI number when I started also.  Thanks fully, mine worked on most of the lines.  The way the form is set up, it comes up as the first option so I have thought it would be nice if the form was set up with account number as the first option instead.  

Welcome to public mobile.  

KW2024

Thank you @hTideGnow and @Sansan !

I was able to talk to a live person on the help line you indicated. The agent was helpful and knowledgeable. He asked if I have my Chatr account number. Luckily I do! He resubmitted the porting request using my Chatr account number. He said the porting will take place in 30 minutes, and he also reminded me to restart my phone to activate the Public Mobile SIM.

Then about 2 minutes later, I received a SMS from Chatr confirming the approval.

About 30 minutes later, I restarted my phone.... Porting successful!

Lesson learn: It is better to submit the porting request using the Chatr account number. The phone’s IMEI does not always work.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @KW2024 

You can call Public Mobile porting team to provide the correct Info and get status update.  I will send you the porting team number.  Please check your Community inbox for my message

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Do not use the IMIE number. Use your account number only. I will send you another message to call to request again.

Need Help? Let's chat.