cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cellular data on Android

bp1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, I just switched to Public Mobile and am having an issue with cellular data on my Nexus 4. Data is turned on, however when I have a signal I am unable to use data - there is an exclamation mark on the signal icon. I did not have this issue with my previous provider. I tried doing a factory reset on the phone but that did not fix the issue. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

bp1987

It's working now. I had to delete all of the APNs that were generated automatically, then create the new APN as you all stated, otherwise it did not work. Thank you!

@glemlin wrote:

The APN settings are for any/all devices.  You did however mention an exclaimation point, is it possible you're roaming rather than connecting to a Public Mobile tower?  Try in the same area checking Network Operators and see if you can manually select Public Mobile.

This will work, but generally it's best to use the automatic setting. 

glemlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The APN settings are for any/all devices.  You did however mention an exclaimation point, is it possible you're roaming rather than connecting to a Public Mobile tower?  Try in the same area checking Network Operators and see if you can manually select Public Mobile.

bp1987
Thank you for the replies. The Nexus 4 does not appear to be listed on that site. I tried the APN settings for the Nexus 5 but that did not work. Could I be missing something?

glemlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As stated, it's likely you need to manually configure an APN.  Steps without having to check another topic:

You do so in settings under mobile networks, create one and add the following:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80

Once those are in, hit save and select it.

@bp1987

As stated above, need to check APN settings...  

Here is the section on the knowledge base...

1. Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@bp1987 wrote:
Hi, I just switched to Public Mobile and am having an issue with cellular data on my Nexus 4. Data is turned on, however when I have a signal I am unable to use data - there is an exclamation mark on the signal icon. I did not have this issue with my previous provider. I tried doing a factory reset on the phone but that did not fix the issue. Any ideas?

You need to check/correct your APN settings in network.

Need Help? Let's chat.