cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation and port from Fido

Chootrain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated Sim, registered and paid (on the second try with Visa). On the summary page it says "sorry account activation failed, visit community for assitance." Directly underneath it, it says that my activation request has been processed. Shows full account details along with an account no.. Phone number is correct and shows Transferred as 'yes'. 

How long is normal for port to take place?

I am unable to reactivate my sim like a poster suggested, and am unable to acess my account using the username that i generated. Any help would be much appreciated. TIA

PS.  Using unlocked Iphone 5s.  Unlocked after activation though.  PM IMEI checker said it would work.

5 REPLIES 5

usafzai

I activate / transferred my Tel. No.   Current service stopped immediately, but the Public Mobile SIM didn't start the service, don't know how long it will take.  Any idea??????

Unfortunately @Chootrain there's nothing you can do about the failed activation. I admire your do-it-yourself attitude and it's too bad there's not a way to reward your enthusiasm!

I don't understand how some activations go through smoothly, and others do not. User error is apparently the most common issue, so hopefully you correctly typed in your SIM number.

Either way, it doesn't matter because you'll need one of the moderators to assist you. Hopefully sooner than later, but if after a day or two you don't hear from anyone I'd suggest tagging a moderator and asking for an update. Thank you for your patience! Robot Happy

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi

yeah you are probably stuck in the activation loop ... it might resolves itself tonight.. i heard it happening a few times ..

iphone 5s: yup all good there.. i use one too ( i got 4 lines... iphone 5s, 4s, note 5 and S7 Edge all work fine )

only thing you could try is to restart phone and making sure, you have the most recent ios update...

cheers

Chootrain

Oh yeah no biggie, I've seen all the new posts with issues, I'm just looking for a little advice and maybe i can figure this out on my own(with a little help;)

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi...

PM jusst announced an update in regards to recent happening and problems:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Doing-wireless-different-has-its-ups-and...

i would just hang in there until tomorrow and then again contact one of the moderators... i know it canbe stressful to be in a waiting loop, but once you read the announcement, it might help to ease the pain a little...

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.