cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation and...nothing happened

FinetalPies
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just activated my SIM card and paid for a plan but I'm not getting any service.

I'm transferring a number from Freedom but it's been over 4 hours now.

I'm using an LG G4 and I followed all the instructions here regarding APN settings and stuff.

I really just have no idea what the next step is.

4 REPLIES 4

FinetalPies
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and information. I'm not sure if it just needed more time or if turning my phone off and on did the trick (I swore I had already tried that...)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@FinetalPies, freedom ports usually complete within the hour.  If it has been this long, it is likely you will need to moderator team to resubmit the port.  As for getting the LG G4 to work on the Public Mobile network, I believe the LG phones require a network reset.  This is different than a factory reset. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@FinetalPies

Try restarting the phone for changes to take effect, not strictly necessary on newer devices but it does sometimes work.

You should log into your Self-Serve account to confirm payment has been accepted, service status is active, and everything seems ready to go.

It can take minutes or hours for technical and billing stuff get in sync, but if you still don't have working phone service after a while then the "next step" is to contact the mods (with your account #, phone #, name, address, etc) to get your service issue resolved.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @FinetalPies,

You can sign into selfserve at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca 

Verify that your new account was created and is active and the right plan is added.  Also, make sure that your credit card has been charged.. did you get a payment confirmation/receipt/email?  If your payment hasn't been taken by PM, then the activation failed.  You can start fresh with new activaiton again... clear cache first.  Or use Chrome Incongnito mode.  

Your Freedom number will continue to work until the number is tranferred to PM.  

If you don't have access to selfserve, then send a private message to @CS_Agent and provide them with the sim card number and all the info needed to port your number.  They will take care of you.  

Need Help? Let's chat.