cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to activate old account

nydheart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I was a client a couple of years ago and I am trying to bring my phone over to public again. The issue is I think I need someone to delete my old username and login because it is somehow still active but it won't allow me to do anything with the account. It just keeps sending me to a dead link and says login again. Is there a way I can delete this old account and start fresh? 

7 REPLIES 7

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nydheart 

If you are using Gmail you can actually put a dot someplace in your login and you will still receive your email.

yourname@gmail will work just like you.rname@gmail 

Also yourname+something@gmail would work.

Don't forget to use referral

Welcome back to public:)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nydheart 

PM username is based on email address.  If you are using the same email address 2 years ago, PM server will not let you activate another account with the same email address.  You have the following choices:

1.  Create a new email address

2.  If you are using a gmail account 2 years ago, you can use gmail alias to activate a new PM account.  e.g. for johndoe@gmail.com, PM will let you to use john.doe@gmail.com.  Any email sends to john.doe@gmail.com will be delivered to johndoe@gmail.com.

3.  Ask moderator to delete your old account.

@nydheart wrote:

Thanks, how do i contact a mod?

CLICK HERE 

@nydheart wrote:

@nydheart  

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

nydheart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nydheart  You can't use your old email but you can use an alias if your email provider supports email aliases (Gmail etc).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nydheart wrote:

Hi, I was a client a couple of years ago and I am trying to bring my phone over to public again. The issue is I think I need someone to delete my old username and login because it is somehow still active but it won't allow me to do anything with the account. It just keeps sending me to a dead link and says login again. Is there a way I can delete this old account and start fresh? 

You need a new unique email address. And a SIM of course.

You might be able to ask the mods to change your old email address to something else valid. Then you could re-use your preferred address. Maybe.

Need Help? Let's chat.