cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Porting/Activation (from Rogers)

tisprili
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I am currently under Rogers and I wanted to port my number. 

I bought the SIM card and I put in all my information under activate.publicmobile.ca. I created my plan and add-ons and when I clicked 'Continue' to '4. Review Your Order', the message about something was wrong with the page and it told me to log out and log back in. HOWEVER, I did not create an account yet, therefore there was nothing to log out and in. I attempted to activate my SIM card again using the activate page and it would not allow me, telling me it was an invalid SIM card. I attempted to put in my email address and the password and it says that the account does not exist. 

What should I do? 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I had the same exact problem that you had. I can say that it looked like your sim activation did not happen correctly and you would have to see if your Rogers sim still works. Sometimes you may have to get Rogers to temporarily open your account again so moderators can see and finish the activation.

Best of luck!!

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You've encountered an activation error which you'll need a moderator to fix.

Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address and the phone number you're porting, your account number with your previous carrier, and the authorized name exactly as it appears on that account.

Need Help? Let's chat.